Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
Opportunity to join a successful Oil & Gas Company as a Dockmaster (Shipyard) on a long term staff basis in Nigeria. The role will be working a 10x3 rotation.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Interfacing with Clients, Superintendents, Class Surveyors and Owners Agents.
* Ensuring that updated docking plans are maintained for all vessels (electronic and hard copy) and all new enquiries are verified against this list/updated as appropriate. Obtaining copies of docking plans for all new vessels if required.
* Preparing blocks as per docking plans and ensuring that vessel are in good condition prior to docking and undocking and checking tank contents if not satisfied then directing the owners to place vessel in the correct condition.
* Docking/undocking the vessels carefully and correctly so that no damage is caused to vessels or to the docks either. Maintaining control over the tugs when vessel entering or leaving dock.
* Amending the blocks as and when required to complete the project with due regard to vessel stability.
* Ensuring all safety procedures are followed and working towards improvement of the safety culture. Overseeing all HSEQ requirements in liaison with HSEQ Manager.
* Ensuring vessel specs are completed including obtaining copies of all technical drawings required.
* Scheduling work scope for the yard upon arrival of the vessel and preparing all variation work orders for approval.
* Project production planning/quality control and reports.
* Analysing sub contractors job quotations/quality and compliance with agreed contract.
* Controlling all materials and consumables required, effective cost controls on the use of all manpower on the vessel and reduce additional costs/excessive overtime.
* Bringing outstanding items/issues to Management notice in a timely manner.
* Meeting agreed annual objectives/targets and producing reports.
* Security of all clients and client material on the work site.
* Security Clearance of all “visitors” to from vessel.
* Ensuring all 3rd party charges have been included in the final invoice.
* Ensuring any client concerns/complaints are brought to Managements attention.
* Acting on own initiative in order to improve the process or projects and informing Management of any suggestions for consideration.
* Attending periodic safety meetings as part of Shipyard staff.
* Attending weekly safety meetings and ensuring the workforce complies with any and all updates in the safety process.
* Carrying out safety/operational briefings regarding specific tasks which are to be undertaken on each project and ensuring all personnel involved are in attendance.
* Completing various internal projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Reporting unsafe acts/instances requiring discipline to Management without delay.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Minimum 10 years' experience as a Shipyard Manager or other Management level responsibilities in a heavy steel manufacturing environment, oil & gas background.
* In depth knowledge of all business functions associated with shipyard management.
* Ability to use spreadsheets, databases, word processing and PowerPoint.
* A strong client facing background with previous experience of dealing and presenting information to major clients on large projects.
* Ability to apply Continuous Improvement strategies across all functions, which includes the ability to introduce needed change, create excitement for change and lead change initiatives.
* Ability to successfully handle several priorities simultaneously.
Ref. No: HQ00027177
To apply, visit PetroPlan Career Page