Career Opportunity at Jumia
Posted on: 19 June, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Online Sales / Marketing
View All Jobs at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is the largest e-commerce mall in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything from Fashion to Phones. Founded in 2012 in Nigeria, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
As PR Manager, your responsibility is to foster brand equity and maintain excellent relationship with stakeholders
- Create and execute successful acquisition marketing campaigns, media strategies, and marketing programs to increase the company’s awareness, drive user growth and retention
- Drive engagement in digital marketing: increase company’s website traffic and acquisition of new audiences through online marketing tools and tactics, including and not limited to search (paid and SEO), user acquisition and list building tactics, and affiliate marketing.
- Ability to question the status quo and develop marketing initiatives that support overall strategic business goals.
- Develop analytics dashboard and identify improvements to drive greater audiences and deeper engagement.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans to support prioritized initiatives across multiple platforms (such as social media), resulting in increased customer acquisition
- Establish new partnerships and promotional programs that reach sizeable external audiences to drive significant new users and website traffic
- Drive TV Network partnerships by delivering exceptional integrated marketing experiences which support their programming and business goals
- Lead a team including acquisition marketing, digital marketing, social media and PR
- Contribute as an integral member of the leadership team, defining ongoing priorities and contributing in all areas of the business
- Background in one of the following areas is preferred: e-commerce, list-building publisher, media
- Proven track record of using online marketing tools to drive user acquisition.
- Strong communication, presentation, networking and collaboration skills is a must
- Entrepreneurial and innovative thinker
- Balance of strategy, implementation, and hand-on skillset
- Willingness to work in a fast-moving, dynamic company culture and industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point) tools
- Working knowledge of Google Office Productivity Tools.
- Time management skills and the proven ability to manage several projects simultaneously and under pressure
- Well organized and detail oriented with demonstrated strong professional performance
- Ability to thrive in a results-driven start-up environment
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Mass Communications or related field from a recognised and accredited University
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field is an advantage
- Professional Certification in Marketing or related field is a plus
- 4 - 6 years’ experience Leading a marketing team, preferably in an ecommerce firm
- Indepth knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the E-commerce Industry
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on Taleo
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jumia NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at AisleXpress
- Latest Job Openings at Kilimall Nigeria
- Supermart Shop Manager at Hubmart Stores Limited
- Jumia Sales Representatives Recruitment
- PHP Programmers at Supermart.ng
- Job Vacancies at Jumia Nigeria
- Graduate Intern/ NYSC Corpers at DecorhubNG
- Process Improvement Specialists - Supply Chain at Jumia Nigeria