Security Officers at JAGAL Group
Posted on: 17 June, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Jagal Group
JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
- The role of the Security Guard is to effect the necessary actions that ensure all conditions of entry and exit are met by all personnel whilst actively enhancing the security culture to create a positive environment through the professional application of policy and procedure.
Key aims and objectives:
- Immediate and direct presence at assigned beat area to:
- Prevent and detect signs of intrusion
- Ensure security of industrial, commercial and residential properties
- In the event of an emergency situation raise the alarm, request appropriate assistance and act as the incident commander until relieved.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Secures premises and personnel by:
- Monitoring surveillance equipment
- Inspecting and searching buildings, personnel and equipment
- Controls access points to permit authorised entry
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas
- Observe for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances
- Apprehend trespassers and violators
- Act lawfully in direct defence of life or property
- Control traffic by directing drivers
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing violators of policy and procedures
- Monitoring of physical and technical access control assets (including CCTV) and reporting malfunctions in a timely manner for resolution
- Assist the incident commander in the event of an emergency
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions, trouble shooting and calling for repairs
- Maintaining a shift Log Book documenting all occurrences (dependant on assigned beat)
- Documenting all handover and takeover details between shifts
- Key control
- Maintain organisations stability and reputation by ensuring compliance of legal requirements
- Deliver verbal updates and or flash reports to the wider SIIFZ Security Department
- Reports directly to the Chief Security Officer
- Liaises with Security Risk Manager
- Government Agencies
- Contractors and client interface
- Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven working experience as a security guard or relevant experience (minimum 5 years).
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
- Integrity and professionalism
- Able to deal with uncertainty, have good judgement and emotional control
- A comprehensive understanding of the English language both written and verbal.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good common sense and integrity.
- GCE Educational Certificate
- Certificate of professional security training
- Desirable Qualifications:
- Nigerian Institute of Industrial Security Qualification/ similar
- Ordinary National Diploma Education.
- Member of Professional Security Body (e.g. ASIS)
Method of Application
To apply, visit JAGAL Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jagal GroupSimilar Jobs
- Wincor ATM Engineers at Ark Technologies Limited
- Calibration Engineer at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Resident Construction Engineer at Louis Berger Nigeria
- Sales Executives at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Weighing Equipment Engineer at Tropical Agrix Resources (TAR)
- Engineering Jobs at Agrale Automated Services Limited
- Job Opportunities at Empee Engineering Consultants Limited
- HR/Admin Interns at Smartflow Technologies Limited