If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
WWB offers bespoke recruitment solutions for professionals from Accountancy, Finance, Banking, Insurance and Human Resources for local, national and international clients and candidates. With a local presence and a global reach, we have successfully been servicing the needs of clients and candidates from all over the world since 2001.
Our client is a global food business operating in multiple countries and food-related sectors. As they continue to expand their global footprint, they now seek to recruit a Head of Nutrition & Veterinary to join the senior management team at the state-of-the-art facility in Abuja, Nigeria.
Key responsibilities include:
- This will be a senior-level global hire.
- The person should have 15-25 years of experience working across various markets. Most of this experience should be in developing countries and exposure to Africa will be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge on the nutritional properties of all raw materials used in the feed industry, including alternate and local raw materials. Good knowledge of enzymes and micronutrients.
- Should have exposure to latest nutritional research in the developed world.
- The experience should primarily be in Poultry and Fish. If the person has a strong background in Poultry and limited experience Fish nutrition, it is acceptable, provided the person is a quick learner.
- Strong track record on delivering high-quality feed at optimal cost.
- Should have a good commercial acumen.
- Should have exposure to Breeder Feed formulation.
- He should have a good exposure to handle small to large poultry farmers (including integrated poultry companies).
- He will be required to develop and train a Veterinary Field Services team whose primary work will be to handle farmers problems, conduct small and large farmer group meetings, liaison with local & national poultry experts and associations.
- The position will be based at Abuja, Nigeria and will have 2 Nutritionists ( Poultry & Aqua), 2 QA Managers and 3 Regional Veterinary Heads (+12 field Vets) reporting to him/her. The team size will expand as more feed mills are added in Nigeria.
go to method of application »
Key responsibilities include:
- This will be a senior-level global hire
- The person should have 15-20 years of experience working across various markets. He/She should have experience in the developed world (with high level of automation in closed houses) and developing world (Africa preferred) for them to achieve developed world standards in Nigeria.
- Layer & Broiler Breeder to be fully exposed to ultra-modern and automated (closed houses, tunnel ventilation, automatic feeding & automatic egg collection systems etc with low human intervention)
- To plan and implement the construction and operation of the Layer & Broiler Parent Stock farms and on
completion assume responsibility for running them.
- To manage the farms as per best in class international industry norms.
- To recruit, develop and train his team members and define & implement good practices with respect to brooding & growing, vaccination, health, bio-security measures and performance of the flocks of the respective broiler/ layer PS.
- To develop protocols for body weight and flock uniformity, vaccination, health, bio-security, labour sanitation practices, feeding, preventive medication and develop formats for measuring the performance parameters.
- Improve project infrastructure to enable efficient utilization of facilities/resources and achieve good performance with low operating costs.
- To put in place a very high level of international bio-security standards.
- To develop reporting formats and review for team members on regular basis.
- To deliver on goals on mortalities, flock uniformity, egg production, HHHE and lower the cost of production of Hatching egg.
- The farm manager’s role is a very hands-on and not a supervisory one. The farm manager will be expected to stay on site (housing being developed) on a 24x7 basis,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Sciences/ Agriculture Science (Animal Production) or Post graduation in Veterinary Sciences with specialization in Poultry Production/Pathology etc
Method of Application
To apply, visit WWB Career Page