WWB offers bespoke recruitment solutions for professionals from Accountancy, Finance, Banking, Insurance and Human Resources for local, national and international clients and candidates. With a local presence and a global reach, we have successfully been servicing the needs of clients and candidates from all over the world since 2001.
Our client is a global food business operating in multiple countries and food-related sectors. As they continue to expand their global footprint, they now seek to recruit a Head of Nutrition & Veterinary to join the senior management team at the state-of-the-art facility in Abuja, Nigeria.
Key responsibilities include:
- This will be a senior-level global hire.
- The person should have 15-25 years of experience working across various markets. Most of this experience should be in developing countries and exposure to Africa will be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge on the nutritional properties of all raw materials used in the feed industry, including alternate and local raw materials. Good knowledge of enzymes and micronutrients.
- Should have exposure to latest nutritional research in the developed world.
- The experience should primarily be in Poultry and Fish. If the person has a strong background in Poultry and limited experience Fish nutrition, it is acceptable, provided the person is a quick learner.
- Strong track record on delivering high-quality feed at optimal cost.
- Should have a good commercial acumen.
- Should have exposure to Breeder Feed formulation.
- He should have a good exposure to handle small to large poultry farmers (including integrated poultry companies).
- He will be required to develop and train a Veterinary Field Services team whose primary work will be to handle farmers problems, conduct small and large farmer group meetings, liaison with local & national poultry experts and associations.
- The position will be based at Abuja, Nigeria and will have 2 Nutritionists ( Poultry & Aqua), 2 QA Managers and 3 Regional Veterinary Heads (+12 field Vets) reporting to him/her. The team size will expand as more feed mills are added in Nigeria.
go to method of application »
Key responsibilities include:
- This will be a senior-level global hire
- The person should have 15-20 years of experience working across various markets. He/She should have experience in the developed world (with high level of automation in closed houses) and developing world (Africa preferred) for them to achieve developed world standards in Nigeria.
- Layer & Broiler Breeder to be fully exposed to ultra-modern and automated (closed houses, tunnel ventilation, automatic feeding & automatic egg collection systems etc with low human intervention)
- To plan and implement the construction and operation of the Layer & Broiler Parent Stock farms and on
completion assume responsibility for running them.
- To manage the farms as per best in class international industry norms.
- To recruit, develop and train his team members and define & implement good practices with respect to brooding & growing, vaccination, health, bio-security measures and performance of the flocks of the respective broiler/ layer PS.
- To develop protocols for body weight and flock uniformity, vaccination, health, bio-security, labour sanitation practices, feeding, preventive medication and develop formats for measuring the performance parameters.
- Improve project infrastructure to enable efficient utilization of facilities/resources and achieve good performance with low operating costs.
- To put in place a very high level of international bio-security standards.
- To develop reporting formats and review for team members on regular basis.
- To deliver on goals on mortalities, flock uniformity, egg production, HHHE and lower the cost of production of Hatching egg.
- The farm manager’s role is a very hands-on and not a supervisory one. The farm manager will be expected to stay on site (housing being developed) on a 24x7 basis,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Sciences/ Agriculture Science (Animal Production) or Post graduation in Veterinary Sciences with specialization in Poultry Production/Pathology etc
Method of Application
To apply, visit WWB Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.