SOS Children's Villages Nigeria - In 1970, after three years of civil war, Hermann Gmeiner visited Nigeria on the invitation of the "National Council of Women Society" (NCWS) and gained an insight on the needs of the population, particularly those of the children. After several meetings with concerned individuals of the country, the SOS Children's Village Committee under the leadership of Mrs. Awoliyi was founded; this made it possible to raise the necessary funds for the construction of an SOS Children's Village in Nigeria.
- SOS Children’s Villages International is seeking to appoint an experienced Social Researcher to work with an International Consultant on a 16-day contract in the month of July 2016.
- The contract is primarily focused on a Child Care research study in Nigeria. As part of the key responsibilities, the researcher will support the development of research tools and methodologies organise meetings with relevant organisations and individuals and support the drafting of reports.
- In particular, the researcher will design and arrange individual or group interviews with children and adults using age-appropriate and sensitive approaches.
- Full details of the project will be made available to shortlisted candidate (s).
Experience and Qualification
- Possession of relevant Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate/proven experience in research especially in child and young people-related study
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relations across teams and organisations
- Sound knowledge and experience in developing and implementing social research methods.
- Detailed knowledge of the relevant legislation, policies and child care framework
- Familiarity with child’s rights and the UN Guidelines for the Alternative Care of Children.
Method of Application
Applicants should send a motivation/cover letter with an enclosed CV (maximum three pages) to the following email addressess: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Applications should be addressed to:
The National Director,
SOS Children's Village Nigeria,
18 Church Street,
Off Salvation Road Opepi,