Job at Chemonics International
Posted on: 16 June, 2016
Deadline: 21 June, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Chemonics International
Chemonics is an international development consulting company that helps governments, businesses, civil society groups, and communities promote meaningful change so people can live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
- Chemonics seeks an information technology (IT) consultant who will be responsible for providing effective support to the USAID-funded MARKETS II project as it pertains to information technology.
- This includes troubleshooting problems that arise with hardware such as computers, printers, and the network, as well as issues that arise with software being utilized in conjunction with hardware.
- The IT consultant will address any challenges that may arise with the existing IT infrastructure within MARKETS II head office and the regional offices in Kano and Lagos.
- This is a temporary, full-time position based in Abuja, Nigeria with periodic travel required. It is anticipated to be a six-month assignment with the option of extension.
- The IT consultant will be expected to work a 40-hours workweek during this period. The IT consultant reports to and is directly supervised by the MARKETS II Finance and Administration Manager.
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Set up and configure new machines in conformity with the project’s/USAID’s standards
- Promptly setup new users in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and administer backend proprietary mail server
- Oversee the physical internet setup of the office to ensure maintenance is provided as necessary to ensure continued optimal service
- Manage active directory server, firewall, and a complex local area network (LAN)
- Oversee network security by making sure all computers have anti-virus/internet security software; run regular scans to keep systems and local area network safe
- Ensure that the server is functioning properly and back up of the shared drive is made each day and bi-weekly on the offsite back up drive
- Administer the shared drive to ensure access controls are in place for various folders
- Track and monitor help desk issues and time to respond to each request to ensure and document adequate client service
- Coordinate with existing ISPs for Abuja, Lagos, and Kano offices on quarterly subscriptions and commitments to 99.9% uptime service
- Support the IT needs for different meetings or conferences by setting up laptops and projectors for PowerPoint presentations
- Oversee the IT systems in place in Kano and Lagos offices so that their IT systems are effective and allow for a productive work environment
- Provide IT support for MARKETS II staff at Enugu State Government ADP Enugu office and PIND Warri Office
- Produce work products in conformity with Chemonics’ and clients’ standards
- Uphold confidentiality of all project internal documents on the server
- Other duties as assigned
- Four-year degree or certificate in field related to information technology required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an IT position required
- Excellent working capabilities with MS Office
- Certification from Comptia (A+), CISCO (CCNA) or Microsoft (MCSE) is preferred
- Good interpersonal skills, honesty, and commitment to excellence
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff, USAID Mission personnel, and the general development and business community
- Experience with donors and USAID is preferred
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates leadership, versatility, and integrity
Method of Application
Applicants should send a cover letter, updated CV's, and the names and contact information for three recent professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “IT Consultant” in the subject line.
Note: No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Chemonics InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Graduate Front Desk Officer at Critical Rescue International
- Area Manager at the Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Intern I at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Consultant - Educating Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises (ENGINE) II Programme at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Job Openings at The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- External Auditor at the Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (JONAPWD)
- Graduate Communications Intern at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at the Agency For Technical Cooperation And Development (ACTED)