If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Aldelia is a specialist Oil & Gas , Manpower and Project Services consultancy operating extensively in Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia, Africa and South America with Offices in London, Dubai, Brazil, Iraq, Kurdistan, Singapore and Nigeria.
Summary of the Job
- The Facilities Manager is the ultimate organizer, making sure that the workplace meets the needs of employees by managing all of the required services.
- In this job, you will be responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of an organization ensuring that the organisation has the most suitable working environment for its employees and their activities.
- This role is involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises and will be expected to focus on using best business practice to improve efficiency, by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
Main Activities / Responsibilities
Work activities include:
- Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors;
- Project management and supervising and coordinating the work of contractors;
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money;
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities;
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, maintenance, cleaning and catering (and others to be confirmed).
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements
- Keeping staff safe;
- Planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies;
- Coordinating and leading one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility;
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement;
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
- Level of education/qualifications normally required:
- B.Sc / HND (Social Sciences)
Specific Work experience:
- 5 years post NYSC working experience with minimum of 3 years in similar role.
- Candidates must have experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Good organisational skills
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to develop working relationships with a wide range of people
- Customer and client management skills
- Ability to manage a varied and complex workload
- Technical knowledge of building services
- Management skills
- The ability to control large budgets
- Problem solving and decision making ability
- IT skills.
- Effective communication skills with people at all levels of the business
- Decisive under pressure considering the criticality and urgency of decisions
Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Management oriented towards performance and results
- Leadership potential
- Good integrity and ethics; Trustworthiness
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Team player and ability to work independently
Method of Application
Applicants should send a copy of their resume to email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will note contacted.