The Finance Manager is responsible for managing the Finance and Administration area of Amadeus Nigeria and Ghana, ensuring compliance with Amadeus policies and guidelines, with local legislation, and maximizing the efficiency of the ACO financial performance by establishing and maintaining financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
The position is based at the Amadeus Lagos office and the incumbent will be responsible for the Company’s finance and administration operations for Nigeria and Ghana.Main responsibilities:
Accounting and tax:
Manage and supervise the Accounting function:
- Quality, accuracy and timeliness of the Financial Statements produced by the company.
- Monthly reporting to Headquarters under IFRS
- Compliance with all local tax requirements.
- External audit processes.
- Timely and accurate management of cash flow & treasury forecasts.
- Foreign currency / exchange rate requirements.
- Banking relationships.
Planning and business support
Manage and supervise the business controlling function:
- Preparation of company budget and forecasts.
- Analysis and reporting on variances one established budget/forecasts.
- Support Management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction;
- Interpretation of company financial results for Management.
- Compilation, analysis and reporting on business and performance metrics for Management.
- Monitor correct implementation of commercial policies.
- Manage Supplier and Customer contracts according to established standard business practices.
- Coordinate Purchasing activities according to Group policies and procedures, managing inventory levels and supply needs.
- Vendor selection, vendor price and terms negotiation, according to Group policies and procedures
Team Management (Accounting and Treasury Officers)
- Assist, guide and motivate team members in their assigned functions.
- Set and follow-up objectives for individuals in line with organizational goals.
- Manage procedures related to own area/department.
- Ensure timely and appropriate communication to team members regarding organization information.
- Monitor team activities.
- Conduct annual appraisal interviews.
Building and Facilities Management
- Oversee office management and administration activitiers.
Education and Experience
Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in the finance area of a multinational firm and/or in a multinational audit / tax firm, including experience working in Africa.
- Post-graduate degree in Finance, Accounting
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles in Nigeria and Ghana
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of economic principles
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Knowledge and experience of accounting computer applications.
- Advanced excel skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organising
- Strategic thinking
- Strong communication skills
- Information and task monitoring
- Problem identification and analysis
- Judgment and problem-solving
- Team player