PFL (Preparation for Life) Pvt Lt is a part of PFL Group International, one of the leading UK owned and managed student placement agencies. PFL was established in 1997 and has come a long way in 17 years, retaining its excellence in study abroad and visa counselling We offer the widest range of services and commitments to our student customers seeking higher education to UK and Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, USA and the UAE.
Reports to: Account Manager/Group Finance Manager.
- The Accountant contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing financial tasks for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial accounting and reporting:
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the company in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Charitable Status, Withholding Payments (CPP, EI), Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax, Employer Health Tax.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, payroll and petty cash
- Reconcile bank statements/records and accounts.
- Review monthly financial results and implement monthly variance reporting.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
Payroll preparation and administration:
- Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Negotiate and manage the employee insurance and benefits plans.
- Process and submit statutory remittances on time.
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget.
- Assist Country HR Manager, National Sales Manager and Branch Managers with the preparation of budgets.
Project management accounting:
- Maintain financial records for each sending market in a manner that facilitates management reports.
- Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of any EXPOs and Exhibitions.
- Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the organization's financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements.
- Advise on financial resources to meet corporate projects.
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that organizational risks are minimized.
- Maximize income where possible and appropriate.
- Negotiate with Banks for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration.
- Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant designation is an asset.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive financial responsibility.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in the use of at least one accounting software
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, word processing, outlook and internet usage.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting the company.
- The Accountant will work closely with Account Manager/Group Finance Manager in order to decide wages, incentives, benefits and any matters of finances within the field at Country level.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org