COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale is an humanitarian, non confessional and independent Foundation (NGO) that fights against all kinds of poverty to make the world a better place. Founded in 1965, COOPI is based in Milan and it has 24 headquarters in the South of the World.
COOPI works in different sectors: agriculture, water and sanitation, health care and nutrition, humanitarian assistance, human rights, education, socio-economic services, migration and relies on the expertise of 32 employees and 47 consultants in Italy, 121 expatriates and 4.500 local operators. In 2012, COOPI reached 3,6 millions beneficiaries.
- The Programme Manager manages the implementation and coordination of the designated field projects within a multi-sectorial programme (Food Security, Nutrition, WASH and Protection) for families affected by conflict for both host and displaced communities and provides leadership for the field staff.
- He/she manages and evaluates all aspects of the COOPI projects, and facilitates the flow of information from the field to the capital, supporting the Head of Mission in defining strategic direction.
- The Programme Manager also plays a key role in liaison with local authorities and other relevant stakeholders, team leadership and security.
- Oversees the overall implementation of the designated projects in accordance with the project proposals ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget. Is responsible to assure that projects are implemented according to COOPI and donors’ procedures and where necessary ensures preventative and corrective action is taken.
- Follows the direction of the relevant sectorial offices at HQ regarding quality, strategy and technical guidelines.
- Manages the field staff and ensure that all personnel related issues for the staff of the designated projects are carried out in accordance with COOPI procedures and guidelines.
- Oversee the procurement process of the projects in accordance with COOPI procedures
- Develops in consultation with the Head of Mission, an implementation strategy appropriate to the country context and strategy.
- Ensures complete and timely reporting of activities to the Head of Mission.
- Develops and maintains relationships with relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, donors, UN agencies and other NGOs) and represent COOPI at relevant state level meetings (e.g. state and local government, sector-coordination and security) in order to facilitate and ensure cooperation and partnerships.
- Supervises the expenditures related to the designated projects and contributes to budget design for future projects, in collaboration with the Head of Mission and the Country Administrator in accordance with COOPI procedures and donor guidelines.
- Monitors and reviews the security status of the area(s) of operation on a regular basis, liaising as applicable with local authorities, other NGOs, the UN or other relevant security bodies and keep the Head of Mission updated on relevant developments.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in project formulation, implementation and coordination in the humanitarian context with International NGOs
- Experience in working with different Donors (ECHO, UNICEF, FAO etc.)
- Strong managerial skills.
- Good knowledge of humanitarian standard and background (ex. Sphere standard)
- Good report writing skills;
- Good knowledge and use of the English Language;
- Proactive aptitude in terms of planning and coordination with different bodies, institutions and Reference Points;
- Target oriented and problem solving aptitude;
- Good leadership skills, aimed at managing and motivating a team;
- Positive ability to bear stressful and complicated situations;
- Diplomatic and confidentiality skills;
- Advanced IT skills
- Previous experience in the Region is an asset.
- University Degree relevant subject (post graduate Degree required).
Salary and other conditions are based on COOPI’s salary grid.
Method of Application
To apply, visit COOPI Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.