Career Opportunity at Productive People
Posted on: 10 June, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Productive People Limited
Productive People was founded in 2014 in partnership with 2 of the UK's leading recruitment consultancies providing contract, retained and permanent recruitment solutions to the global market place. Productive People specialises in supplying the most productive people available in all major economic sectors. The pun is deliberate
Reporting to: Managing Director
- To develop, lead and manage all commercial activities of the business.
- To develop and implement an innovative, growth focused commercial strategy, focusing primarily on new product areas and emerging markets.
- To ensure that profitable business growth is accelerated and that commercial success is achieved.
- Developing and implementing the commercial strategy for the business.
- Understanding the value drivers of the business and identifying profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share.
- Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of the key customers/target audience to ensure that their needs are being met and that their business is retained.
- Working closely with the Head of Sales to manage key customers (existing and new), thereby improving turnover and profitability.
- Reviewing existing products, services and markets.
- Undertaking market research and analysis and producing business plans/recommendations (including all associated costs and forecasted revenue for the business), to ensure that all business development opportunities (new products, services and markets) are optimised.
- Championing and leading each new product or service development, from innovation through to successful implementation across each business function, to enable it to become a core part of the business.
- Reviewing and assessing the potential to develop strategic partnerships with sector specialists.
- Assessing the risks to the business of any new commercial opportunities.
- Ensuring that regular reviews are carried out with customers, to ensure that their needs are being met and that excellent customer service is achieved and, developing future improvements/services for the customers.
- Representing the company externally e.g. at networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimise all business development opportunities.
- Liaising with relevant internal departments to ensure that customer needs are met and that customer requirements are fully communicated throughout the business.
- Maintaining an awareness of external factors (including competitors, pharmaceutical developments, government business initiatives, current and proposed legislation in relation to commercial activities) which impact the business. Communicating such information and any subsequent changes to the Managing Director (MD) and Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Communicating with all major stakeholders (internal and external) to achieve business objectives.
- Collating and analysing business data pertaining to all commercial activities.
- Ensuring that all commercial activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets (Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)) in line with business objectives.
- Should have reached a Target of at least 1.5 billion Direct Sales or Hundred Million Over a series of Transactions.
- Ensuring good relations and communications with all members of the team and responding politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers.
- Educated to degree level.
- Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within a similar position(s), at a similar level.
- Strong leadership skills and experience.
- Credible and confident communicator (written and verbal) at all levels.
- First class presentation skills.
- Gravitas, with the ability to build strong external relationships to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile.
- Expert negotiating and influencing skills.
- Innovative with entrepreneurial flair.
- Proven strategic aptitude and ability.
- Ability to influence at a senior level, both internally and externally.
- Tenacious and results driven with sound business judgement.
- Passionate about achieving high levels of excellence.
- Highly energised and motivated with a high level of commitment.
- Commercially astute and customer focused.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to provide a high quality service.
- Numerate with strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Hands-on approach
- Ability to prioritise, demonstrating first class organisational skills and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative.
- Committed to learning and development.
- Good IT skills e.g. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Previous experience gained within the pharmaceutical, health care, chemical or food sectors.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on LinkedIn
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Productive People LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Graduate Executive Assistant to MD, NASCON at Dangote Group
- 2017 Graduate Customer Service Representative at Dangote Group
- Senior Business Development Officer at JMG
- Job Openings at Dow
- Job Opportunities at Mambila Beverages Nigeria Limited
- Sales Vacancy at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited (Lantern Books)
- Engineering Job Opportunity at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Fresh Vacancy at Perfetti Van Melle