The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) was founded in 1993, upon the initiative of Austria and Switzerland. The organisation was created to serve as a support mechanism for informal consultations, and to provide expertise and efficient services in the newly emerging landscape of multilateral cooperation on migration and asylum issues.
Start date: July 2016
Duration: 2 months (renewable)
Eligible nationalities: Nigerian
Deadline for applications: 23 June 2016
Issue date: 9 June 2016
Vacancy Reference: ICMPD/INT/ABV/062016
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) – Abuja Mission, is looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of Intern.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Intern is responsible for the overall support of logistical aspects of the work. S/he will report to the Coordinator and Finance Officer who will provide ultimate, overall strategic oversight and steering.
- The Intern is required to undertake the following specific tasks:
- Collects, compiles and organises background documents and other materials for meetings and prepares minutes and summaries of actions to be taken and ensures follow-up.
- Carries out background research in relation to various actions (e.g. migration situation, institutional and legal frameworks, etc.).
- Support the Finance Officer and the Project and Admin Assistant on the logistical aspects of the project, including handling procurement processes and procedures (e.g. organisation of events with suppliers; administrative tasks and logistical arrangements for meetings, missions, workshops, seminars; coordination, negotiation and liaising with different service providers and other suppliers).
- Prepares meeting documentation: printing documents, arrange folders, name tags, participant lists, arrival and departure list, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of reports and presentation materials (summaries, Power Point Presentations, etc.) and other project-related documents.
- Drafts meeting documents, briefings, correspondence.
- Carries out other related tasks as assigned by her/his supervisors.
- Core Values, Attitude and Mindset
- Demonstrates appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organisation and the diversity of its staff and promotes ICMPD values: Commitment, Integrity, Partnership, Respect and Innovation in actions and decisions.
Qualification and Experience.
- University degree (bachelor or higher) in a relevant discipline: administration / management.
- A minimum of 1 year relevant experience in a similar capacity, preferably in a private company or an international organization.
- Advanced computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet research).
- Understanding of migration issues and policies is an asset.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to work in a team.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills suited for a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Ability to self-organize multiple tasks well and to complete them on time with a clear focus on results.
- Good analytic skills.
- Show attention to detail and the ability to follow processes and procedures 100% accurately.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
Method of Application
Indicate vacancy reference and title of post in the subject line. Selected candidates will have to provide evidence supporting the educational and professional experience record as per CV.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale