Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
- To support implementation of FSL component of the project. More specifically, assist in methodological improvements of market data collection and analysis.
- S/he is principally responsible for collecting and interpreting market data, formulating reports and making recommendations based upon the findings
- Lead the identification and sensitization of local vendors in the project intervention zone, and maintain a collaborative relationship between them and Save the Children.
- Design the monthly market price monitoring process in collaboration with project and HQ staff, train enumerators on its implementation, and prepare monthly narratives for donor submission.
- Supervise the data collection enumerators and ensure that the collected data is accurate, reliable, and submitted in a timely manner.
- Analyse main market data collected by enumerators andprovide the context understanding of data collected in terms of current, seasonal and long-term trends and links to food and livelihood security analysis.
- Regularly monitor, analyse and report on the overall market situation, ensuring information, data and analysis is evidence-based, accurate and credible.
- Identify emerging issues related to the market assessments and make recommendations for further investigation and analysis.
- Support rapid assessments, baseline studies, and seasonal assessments in collaboration with food security and livelihood colleagues.
- Assist in the revision of tools used in food security assessments/surveys
- Assist in developing new ways of data presentation in terms of graphs, tables, etc
- Working closely with the FSL Advisor and/or other senior programme staff, support timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- With support from the Monitoring & Evaluation team support the M & E plan implementation within the FSL projects, ensuring this links to reporting requirements, and capacity build technical field staff in carrying out the work.
- With support from the Accountability Lead ensure accountability is enforced in all project activities as well as ensuring that feedback from children and their families is considered in project design/implementation
- To ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for partner staff and communicate this to the Field manager or FSL Adviser.
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
- Ensure that Save the Children's work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and support Interagency Coordination forums, advocating for the specific needs of children. This may involve supporting coordination working groups within the IDP camps and host communities or target project sites.
- Contribute to communications and media work as required through correction of data and information and sharing with the project heads
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience in food security, research studies and report writing
- University degree in relevant field (in social research methods, development studies, agriculture, economics)
- Demonstrated primary and secondary data analysis and analytical skills
- Familiarity with various field survey methods and techniques (PRA, sample surveys, etc.)
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of training and capacity building staff
- Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
Method of Application
To apply, visit Save The Children Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale