Executive Career Opportunity at Pfizer
Posted on: 8 June, 2016
Deadline: 21 June, 2016
View Jobs in Pharmaceuticals
View All Jobs at Pfizer
Pfizer - Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That's why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
Job ID: 1033138
- Manages and is accountable for processes, services, governance and strategies to ensure that customer engagement programs (CEPs) and customer interaction tools (CITs) are planned, executed, and inventoried in compliance with pharmacovigilance requirements in all global Business Units (GIP, GEP and VOC) and other business functions globally.
- This role is single point of accountability for Customer Engagement Programs (CEP) to the Global Business Units and other global functions (BAI, GCO, Medical, Safety, Legal, Compliance, Communications).
- This role is single point of accountability for managing implementation and operations of Customer Interaction Tools (CITs) which are used globally by customer facing colleagues, primarily sales force.
- Drive end-to-end process management, to ensure CEPs and CITs are accounted for in their respective inventory systems, and controls are in place for proper safety reporting from these programs and tools
- Drive a commercial pharmacovigilance strategy in alignment with business unit priorities
- Engage Business Unit leaders in both Commercial and Medical to ensure programs, that include two way communication with customers, are following proper policy for safety reporting
- Ensure appropriate and timely tracking of all CAPA commitments for the CEP and CIT process across the organization.
- Engage with Business Unit leaders to resolve quality and compliance issues related to CEPs or CITs when escalated. Engage Business Unit leaders both in Commercial and Medical to ensure CIT tools, that include two way communication about customers, are following proper policy for AE reporting
- Partner with Medical and Safety to drive process improvements to ensure compliance with global and local regulations
- Oversee quality management processes and metrics tracking for CEPs and CITs
- Serve as representative member of Pfizer Inc. to external stakeholders, like FDA
Across GCO Responsibilities:
- As a member of the GCO Leadership Team, the Global Lead Pharmacovgilance (Commercial) will be expected to lead/support global initiatives as appropriate
- Execute results across a complex multi-layer organizational matrix and an ever-changing external environment
- Build and sustain strong collaborative working relationships across GCO, Safety, Medical, Legal, Compliance, BAI, BT, Procurement, Finance, and HR
- Anticipates future demands and solutions to feed into GCO strategy and direction
- Build and foster effective external relationships and influence strategic direction
Global Lead - Commercial Excellence (Pharmacovigilance) Responsibilities:
- Be the Lead SPOC for CEP matters for all Global BU leadership teams (GEP, GIP, VOC) and global Leads of other global functions (Safety, Medical, BAI, Legal, Compliance, Safety) among others
- Be the Lead SPOC for CIT matters for all Global BU leadership teams (GEP, GIP, VOC)
- Chair the CEP Steering Committee and CEP Governance Committee; Co-Chair the CEPs Operations Committee
- Chair appropriate CIT global governance committee
- Endorse changes to CEP policy and procedure, governance and ensure appropriate implementation; in partnership with Regional CEP Leads
- Engage BU leaders and functional leaders to ensure all CEP programs and CIT tools are accounted for and are complying with the safety reporting process
- Provide Pharmacogilance thought leadership and support quality oversight across all business units
- Execute on global commercial Pharmacovigilance strategy roadmap that aligns with business priorities; in partnership with GCO Leads
- Partner with Safety, Regulatory, MQO, MQA and Legal Divisions to ensure audit/inspection readiness
- Provide leadership to the Commercial Excellence (Pharmacovigilance) function; which includes CEP Management team (CEP COE Leads, Regional CEP Leads and Local CEP Leads) andCIT team
- Champion best practice sharing to improve awareness and quality of CEPs and CITs
- Provide leadership, mentoring and development guidance to colleagues; ensuring effective leadership and development throughout the CEP function in support of their current responsibilities as well as supporting their IDP Aspirations
- Champion aggressive communication and best practice sharing that drive better adherence to global pharmacovigilance standards
- Demonstrate high level of Business Acumen and Decision Making in meeting the needs for each BU and develop a Pan-BU Services Delivery model.
- Work closely with commercial pharmacovigilance leadership team to develop processes to ensure organizational processes are aligned, coordinated, optimized, compliant and to have culture in place where colleagues will speak up when something is not right
- Negotiate budget, service levels and operating plan with global BU Leadership teams
- Manages vendor oversight at the global level, optimize vendor mix and track vendor compliance in close partnership with global procurement
- Create and model an OwnIT Culture
- MBA or equivalent Master's level education preferred
- 20+ years of team leadership experience preferred; including senior level management
- Extensive experience leading through matrix teams
- Extensive experience in working with international markets preferred
- Prior experience leading a Global/Regional team, including geographically distributed direct reports
- Experience in commercial, shared services or pharma
- Experience in working in or supporting Commercial Operating Plans
- Experience in Change Management Roles.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should apply online on Pfizer Careers
Note: When the page opens, enter the Job Opening ID (1033138) in the Job ID Box, and click "Search"
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PfizerSimilar Jobs
- Avian TMVS at Boehringer Ingelheim
- Procurement Officer at a Multinational Pharmaceutical Company - Aldelia Limited
- District Development Manager at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
- Graduate Trainee at Brookspharma Nigeria Limited
- Medical Representatives at Pfizer