Chief Investment Officer at Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA)
Posted on: 30 October, 2012
Deadline: 23 November, 2012
View Jobs in General
View Jobs posted same day
The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) is a recently established Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF) for the benefit of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The Authority will take off with an initial funding of US$1 billion.
The NSIA is legislated to invest pledged funds on behalf of the people of Nigeria for their medium and long-term benefit through investments: (i) savings for future generations of Nigerians, (ii) infrastructure development and (iii) the stabilization of the Nigerian economy.
The NSIA shall have three separate ring-fenced investment portfolios: the Future Generations Fund; the Economic Stabilisation Fund; and the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund.
The NSIA is seeking highly competent and result-oriented individual with strong personal and professional integrity to join a dynamic executive management team. The team will have overall responsibility for the implementation of the establishment of the SWF whose governing principles are based on rules and guidelines that are consistent with international best practices for managing SWFs. The performance, reporting and transparency of the NSIA will be exemplary, and enable Nigerians to see and understand how their patrimony is being managed and increased for the future.
To this end, a suitable candidate is being identified for immediate consideration, to fill the following position:
Chief Investment Officer· ES00614
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will have primary responsibility for the implementation and operations of the investment funds of the NSIA in line with the strategic intent of the SWF for Nigeria. She/he will act as primary link between NSIA and financial institutions, capital markets and multilateral financial institutions with respect to investments. A key component of the
role will be to manage SWF's investment portfolios and take overall responsibility for the performance and safety of the portfolios. Specifically, the ideal candidate will:
- Work closely with the Board of Directors in the development of NSIA's overall investment strategies and policies and provide valuable advice on the types of investment that will expose the NSIA to minimal risk and guarantee optimal returns.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the implementation of NSIA's investment decisions are consistent with defined Objectives of the SWF's risk tolerance and investment strategy and that it is based on sound portfolio management principles.
- Lead the development of a highly motivated team of investment management professionals that are responsible for qualitative investment advice to NSIA in the management of the SWF investment portfolios.
- Take full responsibility for the strategic allocation of assets across the three (3) specific investment portfolios towards realization of SWF's defined objectives.
- Serve as a critical resource person and advisor to the NSIA in respect of investments and assets.
Qualifications, experience and attributes
A good first degree in economics, finance or any business related disciplines from a reputable institution.
Post-graduate degree(s) such as MBA and relevant professional qualification as an added advantage.
Minimum of 10 years' senior management experience in investment management, infrastructure investing and portfolio
Excellent appreciation of global trends and advances in investment banking; understanding of the financial services sectors
in the local and international terrain.
Strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions.
financiers and rating agencies.
High intuitive and excellent decision-making skills.
In addition, eligible candidates interested in the position must possess the following attributes:
Prior C-Ievel experience with a minimum of 10 years at senior-level management positions.
Understanding of global financial markets. domestic macro-economic policy issues; local & global SWF governance & regulatory
frameworks (SWF Act, Santiago Principles and IMF MFP Transparency Code).
Strong professional profile and high ethical standards and integrity.
Strong leadership, business management, interpersonal and influencing skills with excellent track record of measurable results.
Excellent communication skills.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To apply, please quote the reference number as subject of your e-mail and send your current curriculum vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 23 November 2012.
Please include in your application, a statement of how you meet the advertised criteria, as well as names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities.
The position is open to Nigerian and non-Nigerian applicants. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The NSIA Act can be sighted on www.fmf.gov.ng
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Driving Vacancy at a Reputable Company
- Talent Acquisition Manager - Executive, Sub Saharan Africa at GE Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at African Industries Group
- Latest Job Vacancy at General Electric (GE)
- Human Resource Job Vacancy at General Electric (GE)
- Technical Vacancy at Cummins Inc.
- Job Vacancy at General Electric (GE)
- Finance Job Opportunity at General Electric (GE)