Job at Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme Ltd/Gte (ECEWS)
Posted on: 7 June, 2016
Deadline: 17 June, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Excellence Community Education We
Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme Ltd/Gte (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous nonprofit organization dedicated to improving access to qualitative Healthcare, Education and Economic strengthening services in Nigeria. Our staff includes expert in Health, Education, Social Works, Youth, Civil Society and Research. Our LOCATE project; a CDC/PEPFAR HIV prevention, care and treatment program is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Overall Job Function
- The State Program Manager will manage and provide technical guidance to the state implementation team on HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs.
- He/she will supervise a team of multi-disciplinary professionals providing technical assistance and support to facilities implementing HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs.
- He/she will assist with individual and site work planning, regional strategic planning, and reporting to donors.
- The position will foster productive working relationships between our organization and partner organizations while maintaining an excellent working relationship with counterparts at State and Local levels, USG implementing partners, and local institutions.
- The State Program Manager will represent the organization effectively and productively in engagements with stakeholders within the state especially key state government officials.
- The incumbent directs and supervises all program resources for the performance of project assignments and activities.
- He/she will manage the technical direction of the project through the design, implementation, and monitoring in accordance with project objectives.
- The position is also responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned projects and for supporting new business development by leading relatively small proposals or assisting with major proposals.
- The position directs the work Of employees assigned to the program/project and oversees all projects and tasks assigned to the program specialists ensuring that all work is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of quality technical outputs, management of sub contracts, ensuring strong relationships with partners and other key stakeholder.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- With technical assistance from corporate/country office staff, provide programmatic/technical assistance to all local partners in the design, implementation
- Promoting multi-disciplinary ways of working and ensuring technical products are developed with provision of cross-sectoral inputs by the relevant experts;
- Coordinating all new TA requests from partner sites and facilities and tracking their progress;
- Provides thought leadership to project analyses and process improvement activities and communicates effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Devise and lead innovative program communications strategies for dissemination of information on ECEWS activities to key stakeholders in the donor community, the private sector in their regions
- Proactively disseminating all program activities and products to stakeholders, including coordination of contributions to publications, updating of the web site, and dissemination of technical products produced by ECEWS
- Meeting regularly with key government and private sector stakeholders to update and appraise of work plan progress, identify any key constraints to work plan progress and agree corrective actions
- Any other responsibilities as assigned
- Medical Doctor with at least Five (5) years' experience in HIV/AIDS/TB care, treatment and prevention; MPH a plus; post graduate training in Internal Medicine/Paediatrics/OBGYN an advantage;
- Minimum of Five (5) years' experience designing and implementing HIV/AIDS/TB programs, facility and community-based
- Significant experience in health delivery, HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment in resource limited settings
- Experience coordinating with Ministries of Health, other donors, NGOs and USAID
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity and knowledge of public administration systems
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with data base management programme and commonly used packages Knowledge of CDC, USAID and other funding agencies' rules, regulations, and procedures
We have a competitive compensation package
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their capability statement and an updated Resumes as a single documents with full Name/Position applied for as the title of the document to firstname.lastname@example.org with position and location clearly stated as subject of the email.
Note: ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme Ltd/...Similar Jobs
- Project Manager at Hope for HIV/AIDS
- Job Vacancy at The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Fresh Vacancy at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Graduate Copy Editors at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION)
- Health Officer at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Latest Vacancy at Save the Children
- Medical Team Leader at Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Administrative Officer at Save the Children