Benue Polytechnic, Ugbokolo was established in 1976 providing studies, training and other areas of studies in Engineering, Science, Technology, Management Sciences and Vocational Studies without recourse to nationality, sex, religious and political beliefs.
- The Rector is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer, of the Polytechnic which was established in 1976.
- He is responsible to the Governing Council/Ministry of Education, Science and Technology for maintaining and promoting efficiency and discipline in the Polytechnic.
Qualifications and Qualities
For candidates for the post:
- Must hold a Masters or Doctorate degree from a recognized Institution in any Sciences, Technology, Engineering and other accredited disciplines/courses offered in the Polytechnic with a minimum of fifteen (15) years of Professional and administrative experience; at least five (5) of which must have been gained in an institution of same/contemporary and comparative status.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer with not less than five (5) years experience on that cadre.
- Must be a person with innovative vision and mission to advance the pace of development of the Polytechnic.
- Must not be more than sixty (60) years of age.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, innovation, motivation and efficient managerial values.
- Must provide evidence of membership of a reputable professional body/bodies in Nigeria.
- Must provide evidence of publications in reputable journals and, contributions at seminars and/or workshop and conferences.
- Must present evidence of being physically and mentally sound.
- Must be morally sound fair-minded and highly diligent.
- Must be ICT proficient.
Terms of Appointment/Condition of Service
- The Rector shall hold office for four (4) years and may be eligible for reappointment.
- The remuneration and other condition of service attached to the post of Rector of Benue Polytechnic is similar to other tertiary institutions in Nigeria and may be determined by the Governing Council or Ministry of Education, Science and Technology as appropriate.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit twenty (20) copies of typewritten copies of their applications, detailed curriculum vitae stating the following:
- Full Names
- Post for which application is being made
- Date and place of birth
- Marital status
- Number of children and their ages
- State of origin
- Permanent Home address
- Current postal address
- Schools attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Working experience stating administrative positions held with dates.
- Present employment, status and salary
- Extra curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be the applicant’s current head of department or institution.
Applicants should inform their referees to forward their references in confidential cover to:
The Hon Commissioner of Educ. Science & Technology,
C/o The Registrar,
P. M.B. 01, Ugbokolo,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.