Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State is a private faith-based University founded by The Apostolic Church (TAC), LAWNA Territory, Nigeria. The University is named after Pastor Samuel Adegboyega, who was the first LAWNA Territorial Chairman and one of the
founding fathers of TAC, Nigeria. The institution is licenced by the Federal Government of Nigeria through the National Universities Commission (NUC) on 7" March, 2011. The University, in 2011 admitted its 'first set of students that have completed the 201112012 academic session whi le the second set of students for 2012/2013 academic session resumed on 14 October, 2012.
Samuel Adegboyega University is located in Ogwa, Esan West Local Government Area of Edo State, Nigeria. The campus is on the Agbor-Uromi Road, off the Benin-Asaba Highway. It is 20 minutes drive from Agbor, Uromi and Ekpoma. The University Samuel Adegboyega University operates a Collegiate system with three take-off Colleges namely: College of Basic and Applied Sciences (COLBAS); College of Humanities (COLHUM); and College of Management and Social Sciences (COLMI\SS). Each College has three Departments and in all have a total of eighteen (18) programmes.
The University's Vision is to be a world class University, excellent in academic traditions and exceptional in providing University education which empowers the graduates to act with professional competence and ethical steadfastness in fulfilling their obligation.
To provide wholesome and comprehensive education for intellectual and spiritual development of her students in preparation for leadership roles and service to the society.
The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief.Academic and Executive Officer of the University, Chairman of Senate and a member of the Governing Council. He shall exercise general supervision over the University and shall have direct responsibility to the University Governing Council for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the University. It shall be the duty of the Vice-Chancellor to see that the provisions of the Law, Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations of the University are observed.
Requirements for the Position
- The candidate for the post must be a distinguished scholar of the rank of Professor for not less than 10 years with the ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University. Holding similar post would be an added advantage.
- The candidate must have a track record of academic excellence in terms of quality publications and teaching, credible community service, and must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (lCT). He must command respect of both the national and international academic communities.
- The candidate should posses considerable administrative experience within the university system and must show demonstrable ability to attract funds to the University and strengthen linkages with other universities, national and international.
- The candidate must possess the ability to strengthen relationships among students, staff and other members of the University community, and the general population and host community.
- The candidate must have high moral standards, impeccable character, and proven integrity with commitment to best practices in corporate governance with particular emphasis on accountability, transparency and probity, and must ensure judicious utilization of scarce resources for optimum public good.
- The candidate must enjoy very good physical and mental health.
Conditions of Service
The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for five (5) years on such terms and conditions as specified in the letter of appointment. The remuneration and other conditions of service are competitive within the industry and as may be determined from time to time by the Board of Trustees and the Governing Council, on behalf of the Proprietor of the University.
Method of Application
1. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements stated above, should submit 10 copies of the application and comprehensive current curriculum vitae, duly signed and dated.
2. The CV must include the candidate's name in full, place and date of birth, marital status, number and ages of children, nationality, academic and professional qualifications, membership of academic and professional bodies, scholarly publications, postgraduate supervision, extra curricula activities, community service, and names and addresses of three referees, one of whom must be ill the candidate's field of study.
3. The application must include 10 copies of a statement of the candidate's vision for the University.
4. Candidates must request their referees to forward references on them directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council. Such referees should be able to attest to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as the moral uprightness of the candidates. The referees' reports should be in sealed envelopes marked "SAU VC: Referee's Report:".
5. Applications are to be submitted by courier service under confidential cover in envelopes marked 'SAU Vice-Chancellor' to reach the Registrar, Samuel Adegboyega University, PMB 001, Ogwa, Edo State, Nigeria, within three (3) weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Shortlisted candidates will be expected. at a short notice, to attend an interactive interview as soon as possible.