Catholic Relief Services is the official agency of the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops for relief and development assistance overseas; an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need. regardless of creed. ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. Therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to our approach in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re- established its presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture. governance, peace building and Healthy HIV programming .
.lob Title: Chief of Party (I) -Agriculture
Region: Coastal West Africa
Reports to: Head of Programs
Based In: Abuja, Nigeria
CRS/Nigeria is seeking a Chief of Party I (CoP) in anticipation of a multi- year, $30 million pro- poor agriculture and livelihoods program funded by USAID. The CoP will be responsible for overall management of the program; will provide strategic. technical and operational leadership to develop and implement a successful program; and will represent the program to USAlD and the Government of Nigeria on behalf of CRS/Nigerla. The CoP will report to the Head of Programs and will maintain close liaison with relevant Regional Technical Advisors and the
CRS All Africa Agriculture Team. The CoP will ensure adherence to CRS technical and program quality standards In implementation and the timely submission of all required deliverables to USAID.
This position is contingent upon approval of donor funding.
A. Program Quality
B. Management and Administratlon
C. Representation and Advocacy
D. Human Resource Management
1. Advance degree in agriculture, agricultural economtcs. economics, business. or a related field. PhD highly preferred.
2. Minimum 15 years of international development experience managing and implementing multi-faceted agricultural development programs in
3. Previous COP experience highly preferred.
4. Minimum 10 years managing large and complex USG-funded programs required. USAID experience preferred; at least 4 years in a field based position.
5. An in depth understanding of the pro-poor value chains in Nigerian context. and experience managing value chain projects addressing the
6. Demonstrated success in designing and introducing activities that transfer appropriate technologies.
7 . Experience with participatory methods and partnerships required. Demonstrated capacity and experience with institutional strengthening of local civil society and government agencies.
8. Knowledge of key USG regulations Including. but not limited to USAID 22 CF Part 226 Administration of Assistance Awards to U.S. Non- Governmental Organizations, 22 CFR Part 145 Grants and Agreements with Non-Profits. OMB Circulars A-122, Cost principles for non-profit organizations and A-133 Audit of states, local governments, and non-
9. Proven leadership and inter-personal skills and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams.
10. Proven experience in building and maintaining institutional linkages required.
11. Demonstrated commitment to Improving gender equality and gender responsiveness in programming and operations.
12. Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility.
13. Demonstrated personal accountability and driven to serve others.
14. Understanding of and experience with faith-based organizations, local church structures, and accompaniment and capacity-building principles in local partnerships highly desired.
15. Ability to travel nationally and Internationally as required:
16. Excellent English language oral and written communication skills required.
17. Nigerian nationals encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Technical Specialists
Region: Coastal West Africa
Reports to: COP or assigned
Based In: Abuja, Nigeria
CRS seeks multiple experienced technical specialists for an anticipated USAID funded project in Nigeria to support increased incomes for vulnerable households. Technical specialists in the following fields are encouraged to apply:
- Agriculture and livelihoods
- Value chains
- Household economic strengthening
- Village savings & loan and access to credit
- Monitoring & evaluation (M&E)
- Provide project leadership, management, and technical direction
- Liaise with USAID, government counterparts, and local partners
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subrecipients
- Ensure project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Relevant advanced degree required;
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in and knowledge of relevant technical areas
- Knowledge of relevant Nigerian policies. laws. institutions, and management issues;
- Experience working on donor-funded agriculture and I livelihoods programs, USAID preferred;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity;
- Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional written and oral language skills, fluency in English;
Nigerian nationals strongly preferred
How to apply:
Interested applicants should request for application forms and a detailed job description from firstname.lastname@example.org, fill and send back to the same address along with a detailed CV as attached MS Word documents.
Completed applications should reach us before 5pm, 15th at November, 2012. Only applications sent In the required format will be considered.
"CRS is an equal -opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply"