Kinetic Business Solutions was founded in 2012 and has enjoyed dramatic growth, becoming one of the leading recruiters to the pharmaceutical, medical device, healthcare, FMCG and consumer industries. Our business approach is to constantly strengthen our service delivery to achieve quality results.
A top tier Multi National Pharmaceutical company and Global leader are now looking to hire a Regulatory Professional to be based in Nigeria, and report directly to the Regulatory Lead for SubSaharan Africa.
The Regulatory Professional will support submissions, approvals and maintenance of Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) for projects in Nigeria. Other responsibilities will include:
- Participate in project meetings with appropriate members of the EMEA Regulatory Affairs team.
- Together with the EMEA Regulatory Leader provide both strategic and tactical regulatory support to Projects.
- Act as primary point of contact with regulatory health authority and/or company appointed legal trade representative.
- Assist with timely MAA availability, ensure that all document components are in place on time, identify and track critical path activities
- Provide regulatory support throughout the registration process and the life-cycle of the product, including support to the company Distributor to ensure the timely follow up of approval applications. As well as acting as liaison between the Distributor and Internal Teams
- Lead the transfer of Market Authorisation Holder Transfers in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure appropriate and timely responses and follow-up to Health Authority comments and/or questions received.
- Develop and ensure effective implementation of national regulatory strategies and tactics in support of the global development and life-cycle management plans.
- Provide input for the PI based on an understanding of the implications of the regional regulatory strategy for labelling; Manages artwork; Ensure labelling compliance in the region and document it in the appropriate system.
- Ensure appropriate electronic archiving of all communications from or to the Regulatory Agencies
- Maintain planned and actual regulatory submission dates (including dossier submissions and Regulatory Agency responses) in the appropriate systems (eg SPS, MPD/PKB)
- Contribute to standardisation/new systems and processes to ensure efficiency gains and to support continuity
- Contribute to compliance with all regulatory requirements (e.g. timely submission of dossiers, post-marketing commitments, renewals, timely implementation of new national and international legislation, timely implementation and training of SOP’s & supporting systems).
- Develop a deep understanding of the regional regulatory environment, competitor intelligence and disease area.
- Act as the designated quality assurance pharmacist and provide, inter alia, effective management of product complaints, recalls, compliance (including artwork).
- University degree - medical or paramedical (pharmacy, biology, veterinary etc.), or equivalent by experience 6-8 years related experience in pharmaceutical industry in Sub Saharan Africa, particularly in the Nigerian environment
- Experience in some or all of the following pharmaceutical functions would be an advantage, particularly in Nigerian environment : regulatory, PV and quality.
- Experience in managing third parties intermediaries or significant experience in working with third party regulatory intermediaries
- Strong knowledge of general regulatory requirements and guidelines
- Project teamwork and/or matrix organisation experience
- Knowledge of and relationships with the Nigerian regulator
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, priorities,and complex systems simultaneously
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and participate effectively both independently and as part of multiple teams
- Project management skills
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills, supervisory skills, and presentation skills are a must
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of French is highly preferred
- Ability to work under strict timelines, combined with flexibility when emergency situations require this.
- Knowledge of company standardised computer software
- Ability for decision making, working under pressure, and exercising good judgment on special situations.
- Capacity to be aware, abstract, analyze, calculate, catalogue, classify, compare, coordinate, copy, detect, diagnose, edit, estimate, evaluate, influence, inspect, instruct, interpret, read, measure, negotiate, observe, plan, group, organize, supervise, synthesise, and select
If you are looking for an exciting and new challenge based in Nigeria as a Regulatory Professional with a Global Multi National Pharmaceutical company, who are going through a period of growth then please send your CV to explore this opportunity further.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Kinetic Business Solutions FZ Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale