Security Manager based in Nigeria responsible forWest, East and Central Africa (WECA)
With car, housing and bonus this is a USD 110k package. Operational experience in West, East and Central Africa is essential (security, investigations, military and/or law enforcement). In addition leadership experience in corporate security and/or investigations role of 3 years is essential
Reporting to and working In close collaboration with the Director, Global Security, the Security Manager will oversee all security activities, take a leading role with crisis management teams and develop, coordinate and implement security programs and plans for WECA operations facility, offices and business.
The Security Manager closely collaborates with the Director, Global Security to protect people, information, brands and business. You will oversee all security activities, take a leading role with crisis management teams, develop, coordinate and implement security programs and plans. Travel is approx. 30 percent; WECA mainly, South Africa, Europe, UK and US.
Core responsibilities include:
- Take a leading role with the WECA Crisis Management Team (& local CM teams);
- Develop, maintain and execute evacuation and shelter-in-place plans; Conduct risk and security assessments;
- Develop and conduct security awareness training; Oversee the uniformed security service and site security services; Coordinate the journey management program; Oversee and manage physical security systems
- Manage local security services and consulting firms; Develop and implement risk mitigation plans and security improvement projects; Develop response plans for incidents and crisis; Conduct Code of Conduct investigations
- Provide the business with focused, predictive intelligence; Ensure compliance with physical security standards
- Manage the WECA security budget and security vendor contracts to achieve optimal utilization of security resources (people, financial, and security systems) ;Build and maintain relationships with appropriate industry, community, government and business contacts for benchmarking and resources ;
- Experience in corporate security, military and/or law enforcement. Leadership experience in corporate security and/or investigations is essential; Developing and executing standardized security programs;Leading emergency response and crisis management teams; Investigative experience involving criminal violations, fraud, corruption and/or internal matters; Operational experience in West, East and Central Africa (security, investigations, military and/or law enforcement); Ability to foster a strong liaison program within the security industry.
- Bilingual skills; English essential, a second language would be a distinct advantage.
- Education; Graduate calibre. Degree preferred, in related field (Criminal Justice, Security Management, Business Administration, Finance).