Productive People was founded in 2014 in partnership with 2 of the UK's leading recruitment consultancies providing contract, retained and permanent recruitment solutions to the global market place. Productive People specialises in supplying the most productive people available in all major economic sectors. The pun is deliberate The core business objective of Productive People is to be the best at providing the best. With our internationally competitive management team, and our small team of well trained staff, this is not just an objective, but an attainable goal. We combine our personal experiences of job seeking with our industrial and functional expertise and our local market knowledge to ensure that we provide a professional service that is beyond reproach. We recruit for a broad range of commercial organisations, ranging from SMEs to companies listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Employment status: Permanent
Work with the System Manager and user department to design, develop, implement and support the right mix and array of extensible and maintainable custom web, mobile and desktop solutions to support the company’s business functions end-to-end, and a close to integration with the company’s main ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics NAV), using the best practices and standards.
(IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
- The position will be responsible for developing and implementing web/mobile and value added business software development and integration strategy.
- The incumbent ensures the right mix of software and solutions are developed to achieve the web/mobile and value added business software strategy.
- The incumbent must ensure that the core web/mobile and value added business software solutions are running smoothly.
- Respond to and support users in successfully and efficiently carrying out their responsibilities using web/mobile and value added business software solutions.
- The position ensures that integration between web/mobile solutions and the ERP is working at all times and ensuring the integrity of data between the two systems.
- The position assists in IT technical duties to ensure smooth running of core infrastructure.
- The position assists in NAVISION users training and NAVISION business process design and implementation.
- Ensure all software and solutions are online and running.
- Ensure any change request or bug reports are fixed within a short period to ensure continuous business access to the software.
- Ensure hosting servers both internally and externally are kept up and running.
- Ensure adequate documentation for operating any of the developed software is prepared and made available to users.
- Keep abreast of latest development in web/mobile development in order to harness possible benefits for the good of the organisation.
- Performs any other task assigned by the System Manager for the smooth running of the IT department.
WORK/BUSINESS CONTACTS AND AUTHORITY:
(IPE Factor: Communication)
- Internet Service providers(ISP)
- IT Suppliers
REPORTING AND SCOPE:
(IPE Factor: Knowledge/teams & breadth/)
- The position reports directly to the System Manager
- The scope of this position is domestic.
- The IT main office is located in Ibadan but may support other outstation staff either on phone or by physical visitation.
(IPE Factor: Knowledge)
- The position requires a professional standard of knowledge to develop and implement a working web/mobile development strategy.
- Analysing Information, General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of database design both RDBMS and NoSQL.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-SQL Server 2008/2012 and MySQL databases.
- Thorough knowledge of Sequel language.
- Thorough knowledge of web development standards, tools and innovations.
- Thorough and proven knowledge of Data Warehouse design and implementation, business intelligence tools and visual analytics application development.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV C/SIDE Language for report development and integration purpose.
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of the organization, including top, middle and supervisory levels of management.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork to achieve results.
- Able to handle confidential company information with complete discretion.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyse data.
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Minimum University degree in Computer Science or other ICT related discipline.
- Microsoft Certifications such as MCT, MCPD etc. a bonus.
- Minimum of seven years of solution development at enterprise level.
- Substantial and proven experience in end-to-end software development cutting across many platforms and technologies.
- Substantial and proven experience in an ERP system and process design, testing and implementations.
- Proven complete software development life cycle experience in a team lead capacity, preferably in the private sector.
- Experience in project management.
LEARNING & Career OPPORTUNITIES
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas;
- NAVISION Core Setup & Financials.
- Latest Microsoft Technology Trend.
- Latest server infrastructure and tools.
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Evolving software.
- Cloud computing
- Latest Technologies
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply online on LinkedIn