PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) helps organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com
We are looking for a Manager to oversee engagements that enable our clients to realize competitive advantage from their operations. Specific areas of focus include Operations optimization, Operating model design, Process analysis and design, Supply chain optimization, Cost management, Financial Analysis, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategy development & Project/Program Management.
Manager Role Description
This role makes the project happen. The Manager is the Centre of any project, playing a lead role in structuring the output and directing the research of the team, while providing ongoing coaching and hand-holding. Managers are expected to make strong contribution to the development of the wider practice through thought-leadership, pitches, etc.
Project Delivery & Management
• Business & Industry analysis.
• Identifies issues, drawing on experience from previous projects.
• Quickly draws out relevant industry trends affecting the assignment.
• Forms an opinion/point of view and articulates clients’ issues/current state from available documentation e.g. strategy document, business plan, procedures manuals, organogram etc.
Assesses and proactively suggests the allocation of key responsibilities to team members as well as suggests staffing changes so that the team has the capability, competence and time to perform the engagement/project in accordance with standards.
• Takes development objectives of Assistant Consultants/Consultants into consideration.
• Displays effective time management, prioritizes issues appropriately and meets agreed timelines.
• Takes responsibility for the quality of the team’s work products.
• Addresses the client’s needs within the agreed work scope.
• Manages both internal (PwC) and external (Client) stakeholders
Coaches junior staff taking development needs into consideration – able to articulate to team how their work contributes to meeting project objectives
• Has a discussion about objectives with team members on every assignment.
• Plays a key role in initial hypothesis generation – e.g. via root cause analysis techniques.
• Continuously sense-checks and updates team hypotheses
Data gathering and handling
• Oversees data gathering process on projects.
• Challenges team on completeness/appropriateness/accuracy of gathered data.
• Identifies key internal data requirements and articulates robust/exhaustive information requests.
• Sense-checks research and output with other data sources.
• Continuously challenges and sense-checks Consultants’ output for robustness and integrity
•Able to perform historical analysis – understanding of key business drivers.
•Able to understand and discuss in detail, financial trends & projections with the client and more senior team members.
• Challenges financial assumptions (where applicable) and can test reasonableness as required.
• Able to distill useful insights from financial analysis
• Able to manipulate and analyse data on Ms Excel.
• Able to utilize complex Ms Excel functionalities for analysis e.g. macros.
• Able to coach more junior staff on advanced analysis techniques
Process Analysis & Design skills
• Able to perform critical analysis of processes to identify gaps, redundancies, automation requirements and other improvement opportunities.
• Able to review outputs (maps, reports etc) to ensure quality standards are met.
• Able to identify/recommend opportunities for process optimization based on leading practice benchmarks•Conducts in-depth and difficult interviews e.g. with client senior management, potential clients etc.
• Displays strong listening skills.
• Communicates with impact and confidence, identifying key issues and articulating actions.
• Communicates effectively with team members – e.g. changes to hypotheses, data problems, new issues, and timing.
• Coordinates Client/ Team Meetings.
• Comfortable sharing the current point of view with the team and the client – but flexible for this view to change over the course of the work.
• Continuously consults and interacts with consulting counterparts to exchange data and views.
• Contributes to the development of new methodologies or approaches to address client or PwC’s needs
Business & team development and Reporting
• Responsible for identifying and converting sales opportunities to wins across the firm’s service offerings.
• Prepares or coordinates the preparation of reports and presentations.
• Basic grasp of report writing principles – structures argument and sections appropriately.
• Effective presentation of subject matters/issues using charts, tables and graphics.
• Takes responsibility for reports – guided, where necessary.
• Understands principles of story boarding and hypothesis-led approach.
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate a value proposition; issue, action, impact.
• Demonstrates the ability to modify the content and delivery of communications depending on audience.
• Takes responsibility for creating a sensible reporting structure and managing reporting flow.
• Takes responsibility for team’s work output and ensures content is ‘client-ready’ and addresses the project objectives.
• Monitors and manages project costs on an ongoing basis and keeps senior staff informed of progress / deviations.
• Understands and is up-to-date with Operations environment, latest thinking and roles of various parties within it.
• Able to handle key risk management procedures (e.g. client and engagement acceptance procedures, engagement letter preparation etc.).
• Devotes appropriate time on Business Development activities e.g. pitches, thought leadership, sector development.
• Sets positive example by providing timely, meaningful verbal and written feedback. Coaches others formally & informally on providing meaningful feedback.
• First Degree in relevant field.
• MBA/MSc (with business/accounting/finance orientation) is desirable.
• ACCA or other accredited accounting qualification is desirable
• PMP or other project management certification is desirable
• Lean/Six-Sigma/ISO or other business process/quality-related certification is desirable
• Minimum of five years experience in Operations consulting in a professional services environment or five years relevant experience in a large/global organization.
• Experience in building and maintaining strong relations with senior level clients and key industry contacts.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading projects and diverse teams.
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
• Demonstrated experience in any three of the following knowledge areas:
Method of Application
To apply, visit PwC Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.