GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Provide onsite technical direction on Electrical systems, Excitation, Protection system checks and system tests during startup, commissioning and maintenance on customer owned power generation and industrial facilities (Power generation includes customer owned utilities, marine drives, industrial power plants and nuclear power plants utilizing gas and steam turbines;
- Industrial facilities include power generation, marine, petrochemical, paper, steel, automotive and transportation industries)
- Provide onsite technical direction on Electrical systems, Excitation, Protection system checks and system tests during startup, commissioning and maintenance on customer owned power generation and industrial facilities (Power generation includes customer owned utilities, marine drives, industrial power plants and nuclear power plants utilizing gas and steam turbines; Industrial facilities include power generation, marine, petrochemical, paper, steel, automotive and transportation industries)
- Prepare job-planning documents that define the Electrical system scope of the outage
- Utilize problem solving skills, engineering instructions, drawings, and process instructions for Steam/Gas turbine commissioning and start-up.
- Provide input for Daily Outage and Weekly Installation Reports.
- Communicate effectively with, CSLs, Outage Managers and Site Leaders on job planning and execution and with Resource Directors regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
- Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Possess technical capacity to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for a wide range of equipment/GE system vintages
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Troubleshoot Electrical operations and maintenance problems in the steam and/or gas turbine technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Customer service mindset.
- Strong organizational and project management skills (prior experience preferred).
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel significantly with no geographical restrictions.
- Must have ability to perform night work as required to meet business needs.
- Must have a valid driver's license or ability to obtain one.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Prior field engineering experience with Electrical systems, Excitation, Elin, Ex 2100, Ex2000 Electrical, protection System is preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management and Web-based applications.
go to method of application »
- The Sales Manager will lead projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business or is a recognized expert in a specialized field. In this role you will be responsible for major and complex assignments with long-term business implications, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
As the Sales Manager, you will:
- Travel to customer facilities
- Be responsible for the customer in all aspects of account growth including strategy development, integrated account planning, opportunity identification, and value communication
- Be responsible for the effective and profitable conduct of the sales and service function of assigned territory
- Be responsible for growth of new accounts as well as focus on maintaining existing accounts
- Work with current customers and prospects to meet desired sales and service needs
- Define entitlement and identify areas to penetrate and grow profitability
- Interface with the marketing organization to drive high value solutions leveraging the GE portfolio
- Serve as an intermediary for solutions detailed understanding of customer’s business model and how GE’s products and services develop and deliver added value to the customer
- Build customer relationships and communication at all levels
- Matrix with existing functional and P&L teams to achieve growth objectives
- Actively participate in community events with the customer
- Utilize sales tool such as SFDC to update the pipeline in a timely manner
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (OR High School Diploma / GED with 4 years of experience)
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in Commercial or Oil & Gas industry
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume) for Nigerians only.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Knowledge of related products, services and markets
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Integrative team working style
- In-depth knowledge of the industrial applications for product lines and markets.
Method of Application
To apply, visit GE Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale