If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
IROKO is Africa's leading entertainment technology company. Launched in 2010, by Jason Njoku and Bastian Gotter, it is one of the most talked about African internet start-ups, thanks to its flagship Nollywood movie platform iROKOtv. Head quartered in Lagos, Nigeria, the company has pioneered Video-On-Demand for Nollywood content (Nigerian movies) and has aggregated the world's largest online catalogue of African content, totalling 10,000+ hours.
To assist Head of Legal with all legal contracts, particularly high volume Free to Air license agreements, administrative support and any other related matters as assigned. Based in Lagos, Nigeria.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review, negotiate and draft a wide range of agreements and documents, particularly Free To Air license, revenue share and advertising agreements;
• Provide support to Head of Legal, senior-level management and sales and marketing teams;
• Handle high volume transactions with tight deadlines;
• Perform legal research on broad range of matters and local laws, particularly on media and entertainment in Nigeria; and
• Track all legal contracts and develop a contract calendar.
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- At least 3-5 years experience practising law with or clerking for a law firm in Nigeria, or in-house with a leading Free to Air channel
- Comfortable with Free to Air (particularly), Pay TV, Advertising and other commercial contracts
- Requires little or no supervision
- Member of the Nigerian Bar
- Attention to detail
- Research Skills
- Ability to work proactively, independently and under tight time frames
- Excellent communicator
- Willingness to adapt to changing situations and be solution-oriented
- Cultural awareness
Method of Application
To apply, visit iRoko Career Page