Merck is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees in 67 countries work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life –from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions.
In this role you develop and manage information technology. Your tasks include installing and administering security for IT hardware, software and network infrastructure and implementing information technology solutions that meet the needs of the organization. As a subject matter expert you work effectively in a mixed environment use best practices and business expertise to improve services and to define processes and standards within your subject areas. Applying advanced analytical skills and in-depth knowledge you solve complex or non-routine problems, support your colleagues and thereby contribute significantly to the achievement of the objectives of General Information Technology.
Who you are:
• Graduate degree (or equivalent) in IT
• Very senior knowledge and experience of approximately 6-8 years in IT and beyond
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Profound customer-orientation with an eye for the company’s own interests.
• Openness for the fresh ideas and new perspectives to be gathered from working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Flexibility and keen pursuit of innovation throughout all processes in the continuous search of sustainable new ideas.
• Willingness to set yourself challenging goals in order to achieve superior performance.
• Initiative to constantly improve products, services, processes and working routines.
• Strong desire to develop and grow by way of taking responsibility and engaging in additional tasks and operations.
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
To apply, visit Merck Career Page