Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Following the direction of the Nutrition Coordinator, the Deputy Nutrition Coordinator is responsible for running and supervising nutrition & health activities at all stages of all nutrition program activity cycle in Nigeria. He/she is also responsible for accomplishing this focal point’s objective as it concerns the Nigeria mission and outcomes within the contextual constraints in coordination and synergy with other program coordinators.
The Deputy Nut.Co ensures the Nutrition & Health team completes the defined activities while adhering to
Internal standards and contractual obligations.
The Deputy Nut.Co also has responsibilities regarding the capacity building of staff; humanitarian needs identification through needs assessments, monitoring of the evolving situation; context analysis to contribute to the development of future programs and internal coordination.
• To collaborate with the Nutrition coordinator in ensuring that coordination/integration between all ACF nutrition (Regular Program and Emergency intervention) and other department programs
• To support nutrition program managers
• To provide technical support and guidance to nutrition programs and assessments
• To represent ACF and its interests to donors, partners and counterparts
• To actively participate in external coordination within the nutrition sector/cluster
• To coordinate within the ACF team
• To ensure proper reporting of the programs
• Post graduate level education in nutrition, public health etc.
• At least 4+ years of experience in managing nutrition treatment and prevention programs in underdeveloped/crisis contexts.
• Significant experience might be considered in lieu of educational qualification, but no other way around
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Humanitarian field experience, preferably as a member of a country management team
• Min. 1-3 years’ experience as an professional in international NGO context, with a sound knowledge of treatment and management of malnutrition
• Good budgeting and grant management skills
• Good anticipation, planning skill, especially in changing work contexts.
• Experience communicating in different cultural work environments & with a wide diversity of culture
• Good communicator: verbal and written. Diplomatic skills are a plus.
• Highly organized, detail oriented and able to work under pressure.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Previous ACF experience a plus
• Ability to multitask
• Independent, can lead the department as well as ask for guidance and follow instructions.
Applicants should submit their application by email to email@example.com, To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “Deputy Nutrition Coordinator”. Also note that applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.