MSH, a Non-Governmental Organisation with head office in Boston USA, has been in existence for over 40 years implementing projects and programs in over 40 countries across the globe. In Nigeria, MSH implements several projects including the Leadership, Management and Sustainability project. United States Agency for International Development (USAID) recently modified the MSH Pro-ACT project which is a United State Government (USG) rationalization initiative in support of the Government of Nigeria to effectively and efficiently prevent and control HIV/AIDS in the country. Across project focal states, MSH currently supports HIV counselling and Testing, PMTCT, Adult and Paediatric ART, TB/HIV, PLHIV care and support and OVC in 41 comprehensive care and treatment health facilities in Nigeria.
In a bid to improve the quality of care provided to Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) by their caregivers in the 5 project states, MSH Pro ACT needs the services of a consultant to develop, train and support MSH Community Care Staff, CSOs partners and other stakeholders on parenting skills. MSH Pro ACT OVC program is implemented through 9 grantee CSOs who are providing services to 6654 households with 18,342 children The current PEPFAR OVC priority is to graduate all OVC currently been served. 30% of currently enrolled Households are to be graduated on or before September 20th 2016 and the balance 70% in the subsequent fiscal years. For effective graduation of households caregivers’ capacity (parenting skills) to provide overall care for their children must be strengthened. The consultant will work with MSH Community Care Team to develop a parenting curriculum, facilitators manual, participants workbook, develop training slides and conduct a 5 day training of Trainers on Parenting skills.
Terms of reference (TOR)
- Work with the OVC Advisor to review and adapt existing parenting curriculum
- Develop a parenting skills training curriculum, facilitators manual and participants workbook using the adopted ACCORD Project parent-Child- Communication manual creative briefs.
- Do a virtual review of all parent-child communication /parenting skill related manuals and documents.
- Present a developed training curriculum (facilitators guide and participant handbook) to the Pro ACT project
- Develop training slides/ presentations for the training
- The Facilitator will conduct a 5-day TOT on parenting skills in two batches with support from the MSH technical leads on Parenting Skills
- H/she will be responsible for documenting and compiling the action plans arrived at after the plenary group sessions.
- He/she will collate, analyze, and report the daily training evaluation as part of the effort to improve training quality.
- He/she will be expected to conduct and analyze the pre and post test result in an excel sheet provided by MSH.
- At the end of the engagement, the facilitator will write a comprehensive training report to be submitted to MSH leadership
- Submit soft copies Parenting skills curriculum, facilitators manual and participants workbook
- Submit training slides, pre and post-tests evaluations and answers
- Conduct two TOT trainings on parenting skills using adult learning principles
- Compile and present post training follow up action plans as agreed during plenary sessions
- Present a comprehensive training report to MSH leadership within 7 days of training completion
- S/he will be responsible for conveying herself/himself to the venue of the training
- S/he is expected to work in the MSH country office for 4 days to develop curriculum and manuals and hold pre-training meeting with MSH technical leads.
- Minimum of a post-graduate degree in Child Psychology, Social Works or Guidance & Counselling from a recognized University, A doctorate degree will be an added advantage
- Highly skilled facilitator with 2-5 years’ experience in providing and facilitating Parenting Skill /Parent-Child Communication Trainings.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply online on MSH career website hosted on ICIMS
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.