FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
About the Job
FINCA is recruiting an experienced, motivated and hands-on Internal Audit Officer whose responsibility is to perform the specific audit procedures that includes testing, evaluation, improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance. S/he reports directly to the Internal Audit Manager and will participate in audit planning, execution and reporting of findings as well as follow-up to ensure audit recommendations, management corrective plan actions, Board of directors’ resolutions are correctly implemented.
Essential Duties Include:
- Carry out affiliate audit work plans.
- Assure that referral of matters and issues which arise from observations are followed up according to the Audit Protocols on a timely basis
- For each audit performed the auditor will agree with managers or other audited parties the standards that will be used.
- Contribute to the draft report and summarize issues that are prepared by audit manager
- Implement monitoring and review activities that ensure compliance
- Ensure audit practices in accordance with policy of Subsidiary Audit Committee and Global Audit Office.
- Participate in emergency reviews and investigations in accordance with the Global Audit guidelines.
- Follow up to ensure findings have been responded to and addressed. Support the Subsidiary Audit Committee as required.
- Collect, document and submit observations concerning fraud to the Audit Manager
- Conduct procedures as part of risk management audits as required
- Accomplish the duties delegated to the Auditors in accordance with the schedule prepared by the Audit Manager.
- Participate as required in ad hoc reviews and effectiveness evaluations.
- Monitor practice and test controls. Monitor compliance with all policies and procedures
- Provide details and reports of expenses in accordance with Global Audit directives and subsidiary procedures.
- Adhere to FINCA International directives and subsidiary or local procedures that ensure proper administration of human resources.
- Perform various tasks as assigned by Subsidiary and Regional Audit Manager and the Audit Committee.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A University degree preferably in Finance and Accounting (B.Sc.), Accounting/Finance CIA/CPA/ACCA/ACA qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Good report writing and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- 1-3 years (internal/external audit) experience in a financial institution/ micro finance or banking preferred.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Decision maker: Manages difficult or emotional decision in any situations, responds promptly to the needs, and meets commitments
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Fluency in English required, Igbo or other local language skills strongly desirable.
- Willingness to relocate to Owerri, Nigeria and to travel within the country 60%
- Enterprising and self-driven personality with the ability to adapt and acquire new skills
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Results-oriented, with the ability to drive projects from inception to execution stages
- Strong fit to FINCA’s desired corporate culture and values, and is committed to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision. In particular, must demonstrate a commitment to transparency and integrity
- Understands the needs of a start-up, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply online on Finca