Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche’s personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostics that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. Founded in 1896, Roche has been making important contributions to global health for more than a century.
Reporting to the Head of HR Sub-Saharan Africa, you will be providing expert advice on people and organization issues while ensuring alignment to corporate, functional and local HR practices. You will play a pivotal role in influencing, facilitating and implementing HR solutions using a consultative approach to address key business needs.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Providing outstanding HR business partnership to the site management team and acting as an employee advocate to promote further staff engagement and development
- Sustaining a healthy organizational climate and ensuring smooth execution of established human resources policies and procedures
- Driving successfully key HR initiatives in the affiliate and contributing actively towards development of sound recruitment practices to meet hiring needs timely and effectively
- Driving HR excellence and supporting talent development management programs through effective succession planning, talent rotation, performance & C&B management
- Applying sound HR competencies and hands-on approach while influencing functionally across all levels in a the organization
- Ensuring compliance of HR practices with legislative, regulatory requirements & standards and set affiliate policies and guidelines.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. You want to work in a performance-oriented environment and demonstrate your leadership potential through entrepreneurial action. Mutual respect and the exchange of opinions with all levels of hierarchy are important to you.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- University degree or equivalent; qualification in HR management is an advantage
- Solid experience as HR Business Partner in an international business environment
- Previous working experience in an established market or, at least, significant studies performed abroad
- Excellent practical knowledge of all facets of the HR Business Partner function, ideally with specific expertise in Compensation & Benefits and Learning & Development
- Influential communicator, capable of fostering effective and trustful relationships with senior/line management
- Highly motivated self-starter with good problem-solving skills and outstanding customer focused approach acting with integrity
- Strong accountability, courage and result-driven outlook to meet and exceed business expectations
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English, French considered a plus.
- Eligibility to work in Nigeria.
Who we are
At Roche, 91,700 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Nigeria, Lagos
- Function Human Resources
- Subfunction HR Business Partnering
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Date 2016/05/30
- Job-ID 00447880
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on Roche