New Career Opportunitiy at MainOne
Posted on: 31 May, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Main One Cable
MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
The Cloud Solutions Manager (CSM) will be responsible for the identification, development, testing and release of new cloud products. He / She shall lead a team of talented and innovative cloud operations and planning engineers to design, architect, engineer and deploy innovative, reliable and high quality cloud products and services for the business. The CSM will provide leadership and guidance to drive operational improvement efforts in process and technology and will also evaluate relevant trends, suggest changes, enhancements/ upgrades or eliminations to Main One’s existing products as required.
The CSM will also work with the product development team on new Cloud service offerings, assist in the development of technical standards and architecture as well as overseeing and guiding the personnel to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
The specific responsibilities shall include to:
- Work with the Cloud operations and planning teams to guarantee stability, availability and the efficiency of our cloud environment.
- Manage the logistics and vendors related to our Cloud Infrastructure (Bandwidth, Public & Private Cloud, etc.) while tracking cloud infrastructure costs and efficiency.
- Ensure the Cloud operations and planning teams meet and exceed the needs of our customers (internal and external)
- Provide administrative direction and support to the operational team, and the 24 x 7 support teams.
- Set employee objectives, monitor and evaluate performance, and provide feedback and mentoring, while keeping the team of young and creative engineers focused, productive, and motivated.
- Ensure predictability of cloud projects (planning, deployment, upgrade, migration)
- Develop and oversee Cloud operations, support, event management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management and Change Management processes for all Cloud services.
- Work with cross-functional teams to lead and project manage the commercialization and timely delivery of cloud products.
- Understand market dynamics and competitive landscape that affect product demand and direction, using as feedback to drive attractiveness of Cloud products
- Support sales with deal qualification and initial scoping of incoming Cloud opportunities
- Undertake other projects and roles as required from time to time by senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Management or related engineering field is preferred
- Post graduate/relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Minimum of (10) years’ experience in the ICT industry with at least two (2) years in a supervisory role.
- Five years or more of progressive experience in large complex information systems or Cloud services environment
- Competencies Required: Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud will be an added advantage
- Must have strong Windows/Linux/Unix skills.
- Five years or more of IT Service Management, data centre, server, and storage management, virtualization, networking, systems management, and project management are recommended.
- Certifications in Linux, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre, VMware, Storage, and other Cloud Technologies considered a plus for this position.
- Proven business development experience and familiarity with cloud services markets
- Demonstrated ability, determination and tenacity to move major initiatives forward and drive focus while consistently thinking of the bottom-line impact of the efforts
- Excellent customer, supplier and external relations
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills (at C Level)
- High level of Integrity and professionalism, especially in dealing with highly confidential information
Method of Application
To apply, visit Main One Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Main One CableSimilar Jobs
- 2018 Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Tizeti Network
- Jobs at Riddle Technologies Limited
- Tax Specialist at Tecno Telecom Limited
- PHP Programmer at Vascon Solutions
- Software Developer at CONIAH Systems Support Limited
- Mobile App Developers (Andriod) at Mighty Interactive LTD
- Account Manager (Sales Executive) at Boch Systems Company Limited (BOCH) - 2 Positions
- Enterprise Solutions Sales Manager - Central Africa at Hewlett Packard (HP)