BBC Media Action is the international development charity of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), working in over 25 countries across the world. BBC Media Action works in partnership with local media agencies, civil society organisations, and governments to achieve long term development goals. We produce creative media content to inform and engage audiences, and strengthen the media sector by building professional skills and technical capacity.
The position is Abuja based but may involve traveling to the focal states in Nigeria. The projected start date is June 2016 with a probation period of 3 months. Initial contract is for 1 year with possibility of renewal subject to availability of project funding.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Media Resource Officer, the Assistant Media Resource Officer will support BBC Media Action Nigeria’ s Monitoring unit in monitoring all Media Action outputs that are broadcast on all partner stations across Nigeria.
S/he is charged with the following duties, main Duties will include, but not limited to the following:
- Daily and weekly monitoring of programmes as assigned
- Provide regular feedback from the monitors on the BBC Media Action’s outputs on daily and weekly basis.
- Weekly submission of all monitoring activities to Line Manager
- Recruit and manage relationship with broadcast independent Monitors from different states across Nigeria
- Create and maintain a database of Independent Monitors in assigned states and zones.
- Quarterly submission of list of independent monitors to Line Manager for compilation
Information Sourcing and Data Gathering:
- Source for and share information relevant to the BBC Media Action and the work we do
- Collect and analyse SMS feedback from assigned outputs mobiles
- Bi-weekly submission of the analysed SMS feedback to Media Resource Officer
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa
- A degree in Communication, Social Sciences or any other relevant field.
- Experience in the Broadcast Media industry, Customer Service or related field is an advantage.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Influencing and persuading
- Building and managing relationships Fostering integration and team work
- Producing results
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong communication, interpersonal and networking skills;
- Ability to communicate with respect, tact and diplomacy
- Good negotiation skills
- Possess good public service oriented personality and human relations skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, take initiative and make sound judgment while maintaining a team players spirit
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a team and in a multicultural environment.
- Result oriented and commitment to excellence
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Any Broadcast Media Production, Customer Service or related field is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of spreadsheet. and other Microsoft office applications is essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa is required.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their application/cover letter with a capability statement stating their capability for the job, as well as a detailed curriculum vitae (word document please) with names and addresses of at least 2 professional referees (including their telephone, fax and email addresses) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for clearly stated on the application letter
Note: Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale