Engineering Vacancy at Amaiden Energy
Posted on: 29 May, 2016
Deadline: 2 June, 2016
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited has an history dated back from 1996 when the company was initially established as a partnership between RCG – Moody International and Nigerian investors. In 2014 the company became a fully owned Nigerian company with many worldwide partners for service delivery.
Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry. Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited services portfolio includes; Outsourcing/Technical Staffing Services (TSS), Technical Inspection Services (TIS), Expediting/Status Reporting, Consultancy, Training, Cargo superintendent and Procurement Services.
Roles (Basic Function and Scope)
- Mentors and advises Design Engineers within the Nigeria Projects Organization with special emphasis in the discipline area. Guides Design Engineers in their planning and performance of discipline-associated technical work by using established and assigned technical tasks in a format (deliverable) mutually agreed between the Project Manager (PM) and the Design Engineering Services Manager (DESM). Ensures that the tasks assigned to the Design Engineers can be completed within the framework of EMCAPS and within an agreed timeframe. Assists Design Engineers in planning and performing work, including identifying pre-requisite tasks or information needs. Ensures the Design Engineers update and report the progress of deliverables to the PM and DESM on a regular basis.
- Mentors and advises Design Engineers to effectively coordinate / oversee design contractor activities in his discipline area for assigned projects.
- Reviews, endorses, and provides input into proposed refinements / changes and updates to specifications and standards used in the Projects Department, including the Design Management Manual (DMM) and COMPANY Global Practices In some cases, he will lead the updates. After changes to DES group design specifications and standards are approved using Projects’ endorsed MoC procedures, responsible for retaining discipline-based change proposals for future inclusion into the associated specifications and guidelines.
- Ensures that all relevant aspects of the quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) programs and procedures are strictly followed in the performance of all work. Ensures the integration of the requirements of the Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) in all work, tasks or deliverables.
- Follows and implements the established project objectives and strategies in all work. This includes maintaining COMPANY production at established levels as well as providing safe, economic, and efficient proposals to enhance hydrocarbon recovery or to increase associated facility integrity.
- Mentors and advises Design Engineers conducting design engineering studies aimed at improving project engineering effectiveness, including risk,
constructability, design and execution assessments. Participates in assessments where appropriate. Ensures Design Engineers are provided access to, and training on, (OJT or otherwise) tools required to perform study and design review work.
- Encourages Design Engineers to maintain continual interface with external departments, especially Loss Prevention, Development Planning, Facilities Engineering, Facilities Operations Technical Engineering, and all core JV Operations groups.
- When assigned the role of Lead Design Advisor (LDA) for a specific design engineering services Work Order, advises and supports the assigned Lead Design Engineer (LDE) in coordinating design engineering activities. Ensures progress updates and reports are prepared by the LDE and sent to the PM and DESM on a regular basis.
Responsibilities (Duties Performed)
- Functionally reports to Design Engineering Services Manager (DESM). Provides mentoring, technology transfer, technical support and discipline related work direction for Design Engineers. Provides input on performance assessment and training needs for Design Engineers. Identifies Design Engineers’ skill gaps and formal / On-the-Job training opportunities. In the role of LDA, provides mentoring and advising to the Lead Design Engineer to ensure overall design activities are in alignment with project goals and objectives.
- Ensures sound technical and engineering knowledge and best practices are applied design work in compliance with approved COMPANY standards and specifications. Reviews and endorses documents required to incorporate changes or deviations to design practices and standards (DIM / GPs) and DBMs per Projects’ change management procedures (Project Change Notice).
- Monitors the quality of the design product in his discipline area, including design consultant’s engineering work. Provides Design Engineers with the tools needed to produce quality design products. Ensures design consultants are familiar with, and utilize, MPN standards, specifications and practices. Provides ad hoc review of design packages from inception to start-up per EMCAPS and DMM. Participates in project milestone drawing reviews, process hazard assessments (HAZOP’s, etc.), design assessments, constructability reviews, etc., where appropriate.
- In the role of LDA, advises the LDE in preparation of design packages associated with contracted work, including review / assessment planning, design work coordination, design review comments incorporation and contractor communication strategies. Reviews design packages to confirm completeness and quality expectations are met.
- Advises Design Engineers when defining requirements, evaluating alternatives and recommending solutions for technical issues within his discipline area. Provides additional support for resolution of complex technical issues.
- Reviews and endorses design philosophies with Design Engineers, LDE, PMT and others as required.
- Reviews and endorses the application of new technology within his discipline.
- Ensures Design Engineers interface with other members of the DES group to provide a multi-disciplined approach to project design. Maintains regular communication with other Design Advisors to share lessons and issues.
- Provides technical support for the design consultant contracting process. In the role of LDA, advises the LDE on the design contracting process, i.e., development of the Job Specification, Request for Services, technical / commercial evaluation and award.
- In the role of LDA, ensures the LDE understands the procedures for design phase coordination / management, progress / cost measurement and control, formal acceptance of design drawings and documentation, maintenance of project design files and tracking of technical issues / deviations through resolution. Guides the LDE to ensure the design consultant meets all technical and non-technical contractual obligations and provides relevant results to the PMT. Guides the LDE to monitor contractor’s cost / progress performance and take corrective action when required.
- Advises Design Engineers during the procurement process within his discipline. Provides ad hoc review of design drawings, technical specifications for equipment purchases, technical bid evaluations, etc. Participates in award meetings and reviews vendor data on an as needed basis. Ensures Source Inspection is appropriately applied. Ensures Design Engineers monitor Source Inspection reports and address non-conformances with the vendor timely. Participates in kickoff meetings, shop inspections and Factory Acceptance Tests on an ad hoc basis.
- Assists Design Engineers in their role of providing orientation assistance and mentoring for new DES staff including newly hired engineers and COMPANY internal transfers.
- Ensures effective implementation of DMM and EM GPs within Design Group. Assists with development, improvement and stewardship of DES group processes and procedures (OIMS System 3-2, DMM, etc). Reviews changes and exceptions to above documents.
- Holds a recognized technical degree at a B.S. level in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Exhibits strength in Structural design discipline engineering area with at least 10 years of related design experience in the assigned discipline area.
- 15 years related engineering experience in oil & gas industry design, project management and construction.
- Consensus builder with interpersonal skills, the ability to manage a multi-disciplined group and ability to influence design philosophies / technical decisions across departmental and company boundaries.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply on Amaiden website
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Amaiden Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunity at Mosra Enerji Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Software Engineers at an Established Oil & Gas Company - Willers Solutions
- HR Manager in the Oil and Gas Industry Via Fosad Consulting
- Senior Mechanics at United Geophysical Nigeria Limited
- Party Chief at Atlas Professionals
- Job Vacancies at Luxxor Group
- SPIE Oil and Gas Services Recruiting for HSSEQ QAQC Managers
- Information Technology Role at Cleanserve Integrated Energy Solutions