Career Opportunity at John Holt
Posted on: 28 May, 2016
Deadline: 1 June, 2016
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at John Holt
John Holt Plc Company was incorporated on 28 August 1961 in Nigeria as A Limited Liability Company. The Company was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in May 1974. John Holt Plc is a subsidiary of John Holt & Company (Liverpool) Limited, UK. 51.46 per cent of the issued share capital of the Company is owned by John Holt & Company (Liverpool) Limited, UK, while 48.54 per cent is owned by Nigerian Individuals and corporate investors. The principal activities of the Company are the assembly, sale, leasing and servicing of power equipment and the distribution of consumer and other goods.
- To carry out routine audit within the group effectively and efficiently.
- To interpret the company's accounting policies, instructions and procedures in carrying out audit exercise as assigned and complete the exercise within the time allocated and report accordingly.
- To carry out system review as an integral part of the audit process, highlight recent changes and ensure existing controls are not impaired.
- Discuss and agree audit findings/recommendations with the auditee and the divisional management at the post audit exist meeting.
- To maintain at all the time in respect of all assignments- comprehensive records and information, compiled in a systematic manner (working paper file) to support audit work.
- To carry out inventory checks during audit of units, and as when directed and report accordingly.
- To carry out special investigations as may be directed and report accordingly.
- To assist in carrying out high profile audit review/investigations as and when required by the executive management and as directed by the Head of Internal audit.
- To train non-qualified audit staff to an acceptable standard of proficiency.
- To act as custodian of the company's assets this will necessitate regular and comprehensive assets verification throughout the group.
- To undertake a comprehensive year-end audit and accounting review exercise of units as the head of Internal Audit Department may assign.
- To carry out market survey for the purpose of re-checks.
- To carry out assignment as may be directed by the Head of Internal Audit department with a view to achieving the set goals of the department.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc./HND qualification in a relevant field plus ACA; ACCA, CPA; IT PROFICIENCY.
- Minimum of (3) years in similar industry, external audit experience will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about John HoltSimilar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at Coscharis Group Limited
- Job Vacancies at a Civil Engineering Company - ValueFronteira Limited
- Job Vacancies at ValueFronteira Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at Elizade Toyota Nigeria Limited
- Legal Counsel at Azikel Group
- Lift Installer at Jamino Elevator International Limited
- Lead Geotechnical Engineer at a Civil Engineering Company - ValueFronteira Limited
- Senior Planner at Nigerdock Nigeria Plc