GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- The Assignment Specialist will work closely with the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) Field Service Engineers. Resource Managers (RM), the Assignment Specialists in the Center of Excellence (CoE), mobilization team and Product Company (PrCo) teams to achieve operational excellence in the assignment of Field Service Engineers (FSE).
- He/she will focus on quality and responsive assignments, optimized utilization, and identification of FSE demand gaps.
- Assess and deepening FSE requests vs. site activities status
- Use of Global Field Services (GFS) CoE tools which are necessary for identifying the most adequate FSE to fulfill the requests.
- Third Parties FSEs management. Be the GE sponsor for a team of contractors FSEs making sure a correct update of the bio-data & competency data base in the system, maintain their access to the company tools, take care of their technical certification. Manage the provision of company assets (soft & hard) for the new hires.
- Keep regular meetings with third parties/contractor company representatives interface with them in the spirit of compliance.
- Maintain continuous relations with Resource Managers who manage FSE (both in HQ and in the Region/s).
- Actively collaborate with the PrCo representatives in order to slot, plan & review their FSEs needs.
- Guarantee Data Quality Check of the demand posted by the PrCo
- Guarantee On Time Assignment of FSEs
- Ensure the correct balance of utilization between internal & third parties FSEs
- Evaluate all factors which drive the assignment of a single or a team of FSE considering technical and soft skills, project priority, mobilization feasibility, economic impact, internal policy, FSE's availability, regionalization policy, FSE growing opportunities, resource's skill optimization, FSE team member compatibility.
- Drive Fit for Job (FFJ) Assessment with the aim of ensuring the quality of the resource’s assignment
- Maintain timing and clear communication with internal clients and suppliers.
- Travel to site or regional organization offices when required.
- Bachelor's degree from university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with significant experience in Services)
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail oriented analytical skills
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and communicate at all levels of organization
- Ability to anticipate and create adaptive planning
- Basic understanding of project management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Prior Field Service experience is preferred
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Ability to work across diverse personalities and agendas at various seniority levels across organizations to achieve goals
- Flexible and strong negotiation skills with an eye to establishing mutually beneficial outcomes
- Excellent computer skills and expertise to leverage digitization of processes and tools
- Strong data analysis / manipulation capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills
go to method of application »
- Africa CT Value Product Marketing develops a regional product/portfolio strategy including positioning, market segmentation, targeting and installed base retention.
- This position is responsible for generating growth in the CT Value portfolio in Africa through demand creation, installed base retention and funnel acceleration in partnership with Field Marketing; and supporting future product planning by identifying market trends, relevant buying centers and personas, and customer needs.
- Collecting win/loss & competitive insight on product portfolios at regional level; feedback to global product; recommend and develop marketing programs to adjust product positioning and improve win rate and share position.
- Collaborating with commercial leadership and global marketing to develop the region market and orders forecast.
- Ensuring regional marketing plans & execution are aligned with global marketing plan (value proposition, positioning, marketing mix, etc.) to grow orders and share. Providing region input to business cases for products/upgrades that are at concept stage, work with Global Product Marketing to develop, test and prototype new product ideas
- Employing clinical and industry trend analysis, and market share and competitive analysis relevant to a product / portfolio.
- Conducting in-depth research to define customer problem statement, success metrics, clinical and economic needs, buying cycles, and personas (to support development of global MRD/WWPP) .
- Validating global value proposition and messaging and adapt for regional use.
- Prioritizing and mapping global customer segments and work with Field Marketing on demand creation activities to achieve NPI and business objectives.
- Working with Field Marketing organization on interlocks, understanding and reacting to win-loss, leveraging demand generation opportunities, providing relevant support for regional campaigns, etc.
- Developing and supporting product-specific KOL’s and advisory boards.
- Developing regional thought leadership and advertising and promotion strategy in support of demand creation and funnel acceleration activities.
- Adapting global marketing assets (including sales tools) to ensure that the region commercial organization has the right tools to position and sell product configurations / portfolio effectively.
- Training direct / indirect sales channels.
- Identifying and establishing reference and show sites.
- Developing programs to gather regional evidence of customer success, early adopters, show sites, and clinical evidence where appropriate
- Coordinating product training for commercial teams by leveraging Global Product Marketing and Global Product Management support
- Providing commercial teams product knowledge in product use, differentiation, positioning and pricing
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in marketing, product marketing or related field
- Leadership skills to lead teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
- Prior experience in a leadership role with direct reports
- Team oriented - ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to motivate and lead a team of direct reports
- Strong analytical and process skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- 7+ years’ experience in marketing, product marketing or related field
- Deep marketing expertise in market & customer insights, product commercialization and branding
- Healthcare product/industry acumen
- Segment experience (where applicable)
- Innovation - develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
- Influencing skills - ability to motivate individuals and demonstrate organizational influence
- French and English speaking is beneficial but not mandatory
Method of Application
To apply, visit GE Career Page