If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus. A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more nigerians. In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
JOB PURPOSE -
To formulate and execute Compensation & Benefits Management Strategy for Airtel Nigeria in line with Airtel Group total reward philosophy and local regulations to ensure internal parity, competitive advantage and alignment with global recommendations resulting in improved performance, employee satisfaction and retention.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
Effective payroll execution and management
- Formulate and Implement the Operations Payroll Strategy in line with policies and procedures.
- Administration of employees’ salaries in line with Airtel' Group pay policies and Nigerian tax regulations.
- Manage Executive & Expatriate Benefits in line with Group benefits structure.
Compensation and benefits policies and initiatives aligned with Airtel Africa strategy and market realities
- Ensure effective implementation of Airtel Africa compensation strategies in Nigeria whilst considering local peculiarities.
- Develop precise action plans around employee reward issues from Airtel Nigeria employee engagement survey feedback.
- Ensure consistency of employee remuneration with performance and market value.
- Drive the job evaluation process.
Regular employee total reward benchmarking with competition and employers of choice that ensures competitive advantage in Airtel Nigeria
- Engage world class service providers in research and delivery of reward service and salary survey data for Airtel Nigeria
- Manage relationship with these service providers to ensure data provided meets Airtel Nigeria requirements.
Design and deployment of skills/level/function specific incentives that drives performance
- Design customized incentive packages for employees in various roles/cadre
- Ensure that remuneration, bonus payouts and other incentives are clearly inked to individual/team performance
- Ensure effective implementation of these incentives and continuous reviews in line with economic and market realities
Effective HR Budget Control and Reporting
- Oversee data availability and optimization of Airtel Nigeria HR costs
- Provide effective HR cost forecast in line with planned employee activities such as recruitment, salary reviews, incentive payouts etc.
- Compilation and distribution of HR functional Management and Performance Analysis (MAPA) to Airtel Nigeria leadership and Africa
Performance and Reward capability enhancement in Airtel Nigeria employees and Senior Management
- Facilitate the design, deployment (including training) and implementation of the Performance Management process aligned with Airtel Africa Performance Management System
- Ensure continuous employee communication in Airtel Nigeria on Airtel performance and total rewards guides and principles
- Ensure a well-informed Airtel Nigeria HR Community on Airtel Africa/Nigeria reward strategies, policies and practices
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field required
- Master’s in Business or Human Resources Management or a related field preferred would be desirable
- A professional qualification of CIPMN, CIPD, SHRM
- Proven track record of delivering remuneration strategies
- Knowledge of international benefits trends
- Excellent Networks in the industry/sector
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to HR areas, particularly staffing, compensation base and incentive compensation programs, and company policies and administrative practices.
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to project/process manage
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality
Relevant Experience (Type and Minimum No. of Years)
- Minimum of 6 years of HR experience, with at least 4 years’ experience in designing and implementing sound compensation, benefits and Performance Management systems.
Other Requirements (Behavioural etc.)
- The ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple and simultaneous compensation design and program performance simulation projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing proactively with all levels of internal and external management and vendor or agency personnel.
- Strong mathematical aptitude and analysis skills for researching, analyzing, and developing compensation related programs and recommendations.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Airtel Career Page