Graduate Job at InterContinental Hotel
Posted on: 25 May, 2016
Deadline: 23 June, 2016
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at InterContinental Hotels
InterContinental Lagos is located on Victoria Island, in the centre of Lagos home to the majority of foreign embassies and multinational companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and diplomatic travellers. Built on an elevated terrain overlooking Lagos's port and the city below, the 19 storey hotel offers uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline. InterContinental Lagos comprises of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor.
What is your passion? Whether you're into tennis, baking or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our progressive & committed opening team at the InterContinental Lagos.
- What's your passion? Whether you're into cooking, camping or car racing, at IHG we're interested in YOU.
- At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do.
- And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
- As the Executive Chef, you'll be responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen and will manage areas of profit, stock, wastage control, hygiene practices and training within the kitchen.
- You will actively guide and direct the kitchen brigade to ensure consistency of brand standards and a high level of performance and presentation.
- Also as the Executive Chef you will be responsible for managing and motivating your team. You will be required to ensure that all staff within your department are adequately trained and developed in line with company policy.
- You will also be responsible for the Recruitment and Selection of your team and for managing any Employee Relations issues with the support of the Human Resources Department.
- You will actively guide and direct the whole team to ensure consistency of brand standards and a high level of performance and service delivery.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Complete forecasts, plans, and departmental production reports for management.
- Participate in the preparation of the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals.
- Maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations.
- Manage day-to-day kitchen activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviours, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Assist sales, catering and banquet staff with banquets, parties and other special events.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Solicit guest feedback to improve food and presentation quality.
- Assist with addressing customer questions and issues relating to kitchen services.
- Assist Food and Beverage Director with menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc.
- Ensure that all menu items are prepared and presented according to established recipes and standards.
- Develop menu design and concepts for all food and/or bar outlets, and catering events. Monitor competitor and industry trends.
- Maintain procedures to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment. Replenish supplies in a timely manner and minimise waste and pilferage.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment and storerooms are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Adhere to governmental regulations as well as brand standards and hotel or company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Intercontinental Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about InterContinental HotelsSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Juice Bar
- Job Openings at Fahrenheit Hospitality Limited (FHL)
- Job Opportunities at Fahrenheit Hospitality Limited (FHL)
- Jobs at HRLeverage
- Jobs in the Hospitality Industry
- Jobs at Lilygate Hotel
- Sales and Marketing Executive at Ibis Lagos Airport Hotel
- Job Openings in the Hospitality Industry