RTI International is leading the impact evaluation of Alive & Thrive Nigeria's infant and young child feeding promotion program in Lagos and Kaduna states. The evaluation will use mixed methods. We intend to measure the impact of high and low intensity interventions on four key breastfeeding and complementary feeding behaviors. We will also conduct a process evaluation, which will document the steps along the program impact pathways to the desired outcomes. The data collection in Nigeria will be undertaken by a sub-contractor.
We are seeking a part-time Nigerian consultant based either in Lagos or Kaduna and willing to travel between the two states to fill the below position:
- Serve as the project's in-country main point of contact
- Oversee and conduct quality checks on the work of the sub-contractor responsible for data collection
- Assist with the development and review of survey questionnaires in English and in local language(s)
- Assist with development qualitative data collection tools and conducting some in depth interviews and/or focus groups as needed
- Participate in training of data collectors
- Conduct spot checks for quality assurance/control during data collection
- Check translations of qualitative transcripts
- Collaborate with RTI to analyze baseline, midline, and end-line data to account for local and cultural context
- Liaise with and facilitate good working relationships with key stakeholders in Lagos and Kaduna states and with relevant Federal ministries
- Plan and facilitate data dissemination meetings in Lagos and Kaduna states following baseline and end-line data collection.
- MPH or PhD in Epidemiology, Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health, or Community Health
- Minimum 5 years project management experience
- Technical knowledge of infant and young child feeding /
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative research, data collectio, and analysis.
- History of peer-reviewed publications.
Applicants should send their cover letter and CV's with current contact information to ATConsultant@rti.org
- Under the supervision of the Resident Program Advisor (RPA) in Nigeria, the Program Officer oversees the formulation, execution, monitoring and evaluation of the ENVISION project in Cross River State ensuring consistency with the project priorities and outcomes and supporting the State Ministry of Health in implementing an integrated NTD strategy.
- Facilitate the creation of detailed annual work plans ensuring timing, budget, and scope align with national policies, ENVISION goals, and that of USAID.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, develop implementation plans to scale mass distribution of medicines to treat onchocerciasis, lymphatic filariasis, schistosomiasis and soil transmitted helminthes (STH).
- As required. regularly review and revise the project schedule with senior management and other relevant staff.
- In collaboration with the RPA, ensure project partners execute the project according to their respective project plans
- Document project activities and ensure that all project information is appropriately secured
- Facilitate and monitor the progress of project implementation and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the project remains on track and is successfully completed
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders, including staff of the State Ministry of Health, RTI, and FMOH, on project progress.
Program Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Implement monitoring and evaluation according RTI/ENVSION and FMOH standards
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of international standards as set by FMOH, RTI/ENVSION and USAID
- When requested, support internal and external evaluations on the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Disseminate findings from evaluations to support organizational learning and contribute to policy processing or development.
Advocacy and Strategic Alliances:
- Build and maintain meaningful working relationships with both government and key project stakeholders at all levels in order to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher project visibility;
- Represent RTI/ENVSION among local partners and at other appropriate fora;
- Carry out additional tasks, as may be requested by the RPA and other senior officer(s) of the State Ministry of Health.
Key Performance Indicators
- Successful implementation of the ENVISION project in Cross River States based on:
- Effective tracking and reporting of program indicators;
- Implementation of annual work plans.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge pertaining to the control and elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use computer software such as Microsoft office, internet.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentially.
- A bachelors, or equivalent, degree in Microbiology, Parasitology, Entomology or similar field; Medicine or Health-related field
- Minimum of Master of Public Health or related masters degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the field of public health.
Applicants should submit a current CV with contact information to email@example.com and indicate “ENVISION Nigeria Program Officer-CRS” in the subject title.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.