Fresh Job Positions at Arik Air
Posted on: 24 May, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Aviation / Airline
View All Jobs at Arik Air
Arik Air - Launched in 2006, Arik Air is West Africa largest airline. Positioned at the commercial hub airport of one of the world's leading emerging economies, Arik Air currently serves an ever expanding route network of key cities in Nigeria, Africa, Europe and the US. Arik Air boasts a modern fleet of 28 aircraft.
As part of our overall growing strategy, we are seeking experienced individuals to join and expand our team of passionate and dedicated professionals based in Lagos, Nigeria. In exchange we are offering excellent benefits and career development opportunities.
- Organise and prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs).
- Take minutes, draft resolutions, lodge required forms and annual returns with the Company’s House.
- Follow up on actions from meetings.
- Oversee policies and ensure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval.
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries.
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders.
- Advice members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of proposed policies.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
- Responsible for the health and safety of employees and managing matters related to insurance and property.
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Maintain the register of shareholders and monitor changes in share ownership of the company.
- Liaise with external Lawyers at the Arik Air Corporate Office and outstations on all related legal matters including settlement of claims, litigation to defend legal actions on behalf of Arik amongst other legal related work.
- Deal and liaise with other department on legal matters such as: Aviation liabilities and limits of insurance; Conditions of Carriage and Updating Indemnity provisions to which Arik Air's insurers have to be notified and agreed.
- Draft and review of specialized Airline related contracts such as Aircraft Purchase Agreements, Aircraft Finance Agreements, Aircraft Wet Lease Agreements, Maintenance Contracts, Engineering Contracts.
- Prepare and review Contract, Letter and Legal Documents with suppliers and customers.
go to method of application »
- Direct the overall operations of the Internal Audit department on behalf of the Audit Committee and the Management.
- Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management controls are functioning.
- Ensure efficient and effective performance as well as monitor adherence of internal controls companywide.
- Evaluate and mitigate for all recognized corporate risks and advise management.
- Ensure projects are prioritized based on risk and exposure and assist with project appraisals.
- Create an effective and strategic direction roadmap which covers the values, mission, and objectives of Internal Audit now and in the future.
- Ensure adequate corporate governance exists to provide transparency in business practices.
- Establish quality control programmes over Internal Audit activities, and ensure departmental processes, methodologies and work flows are effective companywide (including project planning, resource management, file review, reporting, and follow up).
- Embed minimum acceptable standards and control frameworks which meet Arik’s Internal Audit objectives.
- Ensure that Internal Audit staffs develop skills and knowledge which provide maximum value for the business, and which are relevant for career advancement.
- Conduct ad-hoc special projects as requested by the Board of Directors, Audit Committee or the CEO.
- Maintain the independence and objectivity required by internal audit functions.
Method of Application
To apply, click on preferred job title(s)
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs