Career Opportunity at Execution Edge Limited
Posted on: 24 May, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Execution Edge Limited
Execution Edge is an advisory and management consulting firm with strong capabilities and experience in the development and execution of strategy. We partner with our clients to achieve success by providing value-driven financial and enterprise transformation solutions that cut across the various facets of businesses, governments and institutions.
Our client, an indigenous congolomerate with businesses ranging from E&P to Oil Field Service, Power, Mining and Agriculture, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the GCEO, the GCOO will be responsible for directing, administering, and coordinating the internal operational activities of the enterprise in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors.
- S/he will oversee ongoing business operations within the enterprise. Assist the CEO in the development of enterprise/organization policies and goals that optimize financial and corporate performance and facilitate the growth of the group.
- The GCOO will be accountable for effective and efficient operations of the enterprise and for managing all operational risks to reduce their negative impacts to as low as reasonably possible. S/he will ensure that all operational controls are in place and working, and that the enterprise works in compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental and other regulations.
- Support the GCEO and the board in driving the growth of the business
- Assist the CEO in the design and implementation of business strategies, plans and procedures. Directs the group’s operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria, and to maintain and grow the capital funds invested in the enterprise
- Set comprehensive goals towards the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives for performance and growth. Recommends their adoption to the Chief Executive Officer and Board
- Develop and establish policies that promote the enterprise strategy, culture, mission and vision and ensure the cascading to all relevant personnel
- Ensures that competent people are in critical roles in the organisation and establishes a process for continuous people development to ensure adequate supply of the right talents to meet the requirements of the operations
- Implement appropriate rewards/recognition and coaching/corrective practices to align personnel with company goals
- Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls to ensure business risks are adequately mitigated, and to promote communication and adequate information flow to ensure effective management control of the enterprise
- Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with the CEO’s broad policy directions and ensures their competent execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and instigates remedial actions to restore performance to acceptable levels in the event that measured performance fall short of plans
- Ensures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations
- Provides the CEO with reports measuring business performance through the interpretation and analysis of data and metrics and develops ways to improve processes
- Oversees the daily operations of the company by liaising with the business executives within each department (Production, IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Develops and maintains a sound plan of organization. Establishes policies to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession for those functions/business units falling under his/her responsibility
- Directs the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies throughout the organization, including compensation policies and employee benefit plans. Ensures that the interests and welfare of employees as individuals are preserved and protected
- Provide Âšprogrammatic leadership and input for all strategic plan implementation processes with the CEO and staff. Coach program directors as they implement the strategic plan and transition program operations
- Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation
- Drives performance measures for the operation (including a consideration of efficiency versus effectiveness), often in the form of dashboards convenient for review of high level key indicators.
Job Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 20 years in an oil and gas operating environment with hands on experience in production operations, project delivery, field development planning, asset management, and executive management and at least 8 years in senior management positions
- Deep knowledge of entire value chain of the oil and gas business including developing new revenue streams and businesses to meet the shareholders’ expectations
- Commercially astute and with proven P&L responsibility and track record of growing revenue, cost management, and delivery against KPIs
- Visible leadership skills within challenging performance environments with ability to motivate, supervise and build teams, delegate responsibility and develop employee talents
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting
- Ability to interact with senior officials of international agencies, multilaterals, banks, corporates and governments
- Possess leading change skills and implements the functions of a leader. Consistently displays integrity, models behaviour, develops people, and builds teams
- Deals effectively with demanding situations and designs and implements interventions.
- Ability to manage continuity, change and transition. Excellent in influencing and enabling others with skill to address the impact of attitude and action on the organization.
- University degree in relevant Engineering or other numerate disciplines (minimum B.Sc. Hons. Second class upper).
- Postgraduate degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related fields from a recognized University will be an advantage.
- Oversees operations of the Group’s Functional teams, BCGs and Business Units
- Oversees Enterprise P&L
- Manages budget in excess of USD$500mln
- Potential 3-5 E&P assets
- 500 staff
- Deliver Group HSSE targets/goals.
Key Job Challenges:
- This is a high-stress position based on full responsibility for the Enterprise operations. Handles detailed, complex concepts and problems, balances multiple tasks simultaneously, and makes rapid decisions regarding administrative issues.
- Plans and implements programs. Establishes strong and appropriate relationships with Board, committees, JV partners, staff, key vendors, suppliers and clients. Develops smooth and constructive relationships with executive colleagues, outside agencies, organizations and individuals.
- Plans and meets deadlines. Maintains a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of executive management. Hours may be long and irregular.
- Conveys a professional and positive image and attitude regarding the organization. Demonstrates commitment to continued professional growth and development.
- Translate strategic vision into action
- The need to build capacity and ensure the right resources are in place in order to capture potential growth opportunities.
- Internal: Board of Directors, Group Functional Heads, Heads of BCGs,
- External: Regulatory bodies in all areas of operation
- Key stakeholders in areas of operation (Communities)
- Service Providers
- Members of Staff.
- Joint accountability for achievement of relevant KPIs
- Facilitates the process of gaining strategic clarity in team plans and leads the implementation of business strategies to make them real to the employees of the company
- Contributes to business analysis to support organic and other growth, recognizing business trends, their impact on the business, and able to forecast potential obstacles to success
- Demonstrates organizational insight through knowledge of people and operating contexts and targets action.
Skills & Competencies:
- Leadership - Mastery
- Business Development - Skill
- Value management - Skill
- Commercial activities - Skill
- Credibility - Skill
- Adaptability- Skill
- Teamwork - Skill
- Self-Motivation - Skill
- Interpersonal skills - Skill
- Project Delivery and Management - Skill.
Method of Application
To apply visit Execution Edge Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Execution Edge LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Fresh Job Vacancies at Simeon's Pivot Resources
- Junior Accountant at Stresert Services Limited
- Human Resources Business Partner at Culminate Consulting
- Assistant Supply Chain Analyst at Integrated Corporate Services Limited (ICSL)
- Senior Associate, Audit Services at WFO Roedl & Partner
- Business Development Associates at Cumbrian Consult Limited
- Job Opportunities at AFMRecruit
- Treasury Manager at Charles Goodings and Associates (CGA Consulting)