The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC is about to start up an emergency response programme in Nigeria to respond to the humanitarian needs.
Three million people in north east Nigeria are currently without access to essential services largely due to insecurity. Without access, the needs of large numbers of vulnerable populations remain unaddressed.
To make informed programmatic decisions based on plausible impacts and adjust programs and priorities based on field evidence while monitoring the evolving landscape of operational shifts and population needs, NRC wishes to initiate a pilot project to apply innovative approaches on monitoring and analysis of operation shifts, contextual dynamics and humanitarian trends in northeastern Nigeria.
- Against this background, NRC wishes to pilot an integrated information platform and analytic support to
- Receive timely information on community needs to inform response capacities of NRC and other humanitarian responders.
- Monitor the evolving humanitarian context in Borno State, receiving up-to-date, processed and cleaned information, graphs and maps on implications to humanitarian programs.
- Receive systematically updated indicators of households’ needs and vulnerabilities.
- Expected outcomes of the project are an integrated information platform, weekly and instant updates and early warnings as well on-the-go analytic support
3. METHODOLOGY AND SCOPE OF WORK
- The consultant is expected to develop a context monitoring platform to analyze operational risks and develop simulations of population trends to account for flows and humanitarian needs. The consultant should offer the information as regular and instant updates and on the go analytics as defined below:
- The platform should monitor the evolving situation on the ground, offering up-to-date, processed and cleaned information, graphs and maps on risks to humanitarian programs under way.
- Powered by a simulation of population livelihoods and displacement caused by conflict, the platform should offer indicators of households’ needs and vulnerabilities, especially on food insecurity and access to basic services
- The consultant should provide information and analysis through
- An integrated information platform: This platform should contain processed information, graphs and maps and be updated instantly.
- Biweekly and instant updates and early warnings: Every two weeks the consultant should produce an update of humanitarian indicators on the ground and their implications for current and future programming. In case of major events, instant advisories should be issued via text messages or email and special advisories be prepared.
- Monthly analytical updates shared with reference group.
- On the go analytic support: The consultant will provide analytic support for three months when specific questions cannot be addressed by either the platform or advisories.
- The consultant will report to the Head of Programs, NRC–Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested consultants/firms should send a package of (1) Technical and Financial Proposal including CVs of their key staff (2) 2 references relevant to the assignment to the following email address email@example.com
Only short listed consultants/firms will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.