Jobs at The Targeted States High Impact Project (TSHIP)
Posted on: 18 February, 2011
Deadline: 23 February, 2011
View Jobs in Consulting
View Jobs posted same day
The Targeted States High Impact Project (TSHIP) is a five year, USAID-funded project being implemented in all 20 Local Government Areas (LGA) in Bauchi State and 23 LGAs In Sokoto State. Contributing to USAID/Nigeria's "Investing in People" strategic objective, TSHIP is using a tri-focus approach to improve community engagement, quality of health care services, and health system effectiveness, TSHIP aims to achieve four sub-objectives address into capacity-building; increased service access and utilization; community mobilization and participation; and strengthened policies and fostering of an enabling environment. TSHIP is being implemented by a consortium of five organizations including the Centre for Education, Development and Population Activities (CEDPA), Futures Group International, LLC (Futures Group), Jhpiego, Management Strategies for Africa (MSA), and JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) as the prime organization. TSHIP IS looking for one full-time Human Resources Manager who will be based in the Project's Central Office in Bauchi.
Human Resources Manager
The purpose of the position is to provide technical and managerial leadership and input in the development and management of TSHIP human resource and the promotion of a TSHIP working culture that motivates staff to exploit their full potential in discharging their respective responsibilities.
Main Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
• Co-ordinate the designing and updating of personnel policies.
• Design, update and Implement personnel management systems in conformity with generally accepted personnel policies, which result in the effective and efficient management of TSHIP employees.
Manage TSHIP staff welfare and safety.
• Co-ordinate personnel related activities, such as recruitment, training, deployment, reward and compensation, and processing of related personnel documents.
Lead, organize and co-ordinate staff the performance review and evaluation process. Lead and co-ordinate job evaluations and reviews.
In consultation with senior management and supervisors, develop annual and Implement staff development plan.
• Monitor the impact of existing policies on the organisational culture and the overall success of TSHIP and recommend necessary changes where necessary.
Monitor trends in employee behaviour, ie. Absence and turnover and advise supervisors and the COP as appropriate.
• Monitor productivity of staff in relation to utilization and achievement of TSHIP goal and objectives and advise the recommend management decision/action where necessary
Maintain up-to-date personnel information on all employees.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff and with contacts both within and outside TSHIP.
Undertake regular pay roll audits.
Advice the F&AD and COP on personnel matters.
• Ensure that TSHIP supervisors understand their personnel management role, in particular in relation to performance appraisal and staff development.
•. A Masters degree in Management or Business Administration or an equivalent qualification.
•. A recognised personnel management qualification
•. Minimum of five years working experience In a senior personnel position In a public or private sector organization, development NGO and/or International development partner organization.
Knowledge and Skills
•.Working knowledge of office management.
•.Ability to work with and manage a multi-disciplinary team.
•.Ability to analyse strategic goals, evaluate the implications with regard to human resource management and develop strategies to support organizational strategic goals.
•.Ability to manage and monitor the human resources budget.
•.High level of computer literacy, with competence in personnel management information systems, word processing, spreadsheets, database and graphics packages
To apply for this position, please send your resume and letter of
interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please Include job
title in the Subject. All Applications must be submitted by February 23,
JSI is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our web site www.jsi.com for more details on the organization.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at Excel Professional Services - Liquified Natural Gas Company
- Senior Content Editor at MacTay Group
- Jobs at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Job Opportunities at Nicole Sinclair Consulting
- Job Vacancies at CA Global
- Job Openings at Kantar
- Customer Care Job Vacancy at MasterMindsHRSG Management Consulting
- Jobs at Bleuapple Consulting