Job Opportunity at The Centre for Public Policy Alternatives (CPPA)
Posted on: 23 May, 2016
Deadline: 6 June, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Center for Public Policy Alternat
The Centre for Public Policy Alternatives (CPPA) is an independent, non-partisan public policy think-tank committed to rigorous research through which public policies are examined and best practices disseminated. CPPA aims to help sub-Saharan African governments, institutions, and businesses create innovative policy solutions to development challenges.
Are you smart enough to work with us?
- A public policy think tank based in Lagos, Nigeria with a mission to ‘’ensure that government action fosters growth, economic well-being and freedom and individual responsibility” seeks to recruit exceptional persons as “Research Associate” with specialization in health economics, agric economics, financial economics, energy economics and policy.
- If you like the challenge of cutting though conventional thinking and working on complex development problems then our organisation is interested in you.
- We will in turn offer each candidate a stimulating and challenging work environment, a possibility to engage with frontier research, opportunities for world class, international training and an attractive salary package.
- The selected candidate will ideally be expected to resume the post as soon as possible. The position will start with a three year contract with the option of renewal depending on performance.
- The ideal candidate should possess a strong bachelors degree in one of the quantitative sciences; Mathematics, Economics, Statistics and must possess a masters degree in one of the stated areas of specialization such as; Health Economics, Energy Economics/Policy, Financial Economics, Agric Economics and Statistics from a top tier university.
The candidates should match the below profile:
- Minimum of second class upper division
- Aged between 25 and 35 years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Ability to deliver results in different environments (especially in a developing world context)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Broad world view
- Ability to use statistical packages (such as SPSS) will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Expression of interest in form of a cover letter accompanied by a CV should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Research Associates” as the subject not later than the closing date above.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Center for Public Policy Alternatives (CPPA)Similar Jobs
- Logistics Officer at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Latest Jobs at Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPADC)
- Latest Job Vacancies at Malaria Consortium
- Business Development Advisor at Plan International
- Senior Program Officer, Special Projects at FHI 360
- Graduate Human Resource Assistant at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Renovation and Construction of Camp Facilities, Custom House at The Agency For Technical Cooperation And Development (ACTED)
- Job Vacancies at The Agency For Technical Cooperation And Development (ACTED)