Lagos Business School (LBS) delivers executive programmes aimed at systematically improving the practice of management in Nigeria.
In 2007, LBS consolidated its status as Nigeria's premier business school by ranking for the first time among the top 50 business schools in the world, in the area of open enrolment programmes, by the Financial Times of London. LBS is still the only Nigerian business school to be included in this prestigious world ranking.
To provide second level operational and technical support to LBS ICT users in order to ensure efficient and effective usage of deployed ICT solutions and services.
Department: Information and Communication Technology
Reports To: ICT Systems Administrator
Directly Supervises: Nil
Position Type: Regular/Permanent/Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/KEY JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Provide first and second level support through taking calls and handling the resulting incidents or service requests using approved incident management and request fulfillment processes.
- Serve as backup to System Administrator and Infrastructure Engineer
- Act as a point of contact for both internal and external ICT customers
- Provide training and guidance to users on desktop and printing related needs to ensure efficient and effective utilization of deployed solutions for improved productivity
- Support the production of standard configurations, documentations, processes and procedures to aid structured way of ICT service delivery and support.
- Provide technical assistance and knowledge during ICT project implementations to aid successful delivery
- Aid the actualization of initiatives that will guaranty security of the School’s ICT networks, systems, software and data.
- Ensure availability of networks, systems, software and data by supporting all recommended maintenance arrangements, disaster recovery planning, business continuity arrangements and risk management.
- Act as one of the focal points of ICT disaster recovery implementation
- Aid the actualization of established structures and procedures that support timely, effective, proactive and efficient user support
- Act as a major implementation agent of the ICT service level agreement with external suppliers and operational level agreement with internal customers
- Aid ICT management decision making on service support, delivery and continuous quality improvement by making available periodic service request/fulfillment statistics and management reports
- Supervise Service Desk staff and provide requisite training for them when needed
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- High level of customer satisfaction
- Effective resolution of technical problems through resource management and issue prioritization
- Well planned change control and minimum unplanned downtime of ICT facilities
- Security of networks, systems and data
- Continuous development approach to skills
GENERIC /TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Good customer service
- Good and flexible communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Supplier management skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Telephone etiquette
- Good business orientation
- Good knowledge of network/systems design, analysis, productivity tools and operating systems
- Conversant with ITIL processes
- Project planning and change management skills
BSc or B.Eng. Electrical/Electronic\Computer Engineering or related qualification
CCNA, MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), ITIL
Minimum of 2yrs experience installing and supporting all of the following: Windows Active Directory, Windows 2007/2010 professional, Cisco Networks (voice, video & data), VPN, TCP/IP troubleshooting and Microsoft Office suite
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Tuesday, May 31, 2016.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. LBS offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants.