Vacancy for a Junior Electro-Mechanical Facility Technician
Posted on: 21 May, 2016
Deadline: 31 May, 2016
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View Jobs posted same day
Our client requires the service of an Electro-Mechanical Facility Technician for immediate employment.
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos.
Oversee the Electrical & Mechanical repairs in the organization as well as troubleshoot mechanical issues with equipments. Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. electrical; mechanical; renovation; etc.); Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Performs electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, luminous and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Provides support by responding to requests for mechanical and electrical problems.
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations.
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc).
- Wires work station cubicles by studying blueprints; laying-out circuitry for common and dedicated electrical outlets; providing raceways for telephone communications.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Procures and order parts on a need bases.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned from time to time.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of trade test III; Electrical/Mechanical National Degree holders may apply.
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years experience in Electro-mechanical facility maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Ability to read, writes, speaks and understands English fluently.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Use miscellaneous office equipment (e.g. computers, scanning machines, copiers, etc.).
Method of Application
- Salary is N 50, 000 /net monthly. Other benefits include HMO, Leave allowance, 13th month salary, monthly pension remittance.
- Candidates who meet the above criteria should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘Junior Technician’ as subject of mail before 31st, May, 2016.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Sales Engineer at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited
- Latest Jobs at an Engineering and Power Company - Willers Solutions
- Production Manager at TRANOS
- Learning and Development Officer at Machineyard.com.ng
- Logistics Assistant at Bosch
- Cloud Architect I at TRC Companies, Incorporated
- Planning Engineer at Orion Group
- Head of Automation at Charlton Morris