Building a vast web of protection is Garda World Security's business. The company provides a variety of security and investigative services for both business and residential customers. Its physical security services include uniformed officers, executive- and asset-protection, and airport screening. The company's Garda Cash Logistics subsidiary offers armored car services (#2 in North America) and ATM maintenance. Garda also provides pre-employment checks and its global risk consulting unit targets the emerging markets of Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iraq. Although North America is its core market, the company serves the security needs of clients in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
Req Id 55461 - Posted 05/16/2016 - International Protective Services - HR International - Nigeria - Nigeria - Lagos
GardaWorld International Protective Services is the international security division of GardaWorld Security Corporation, the world's largest privately owned security company. Our services include static security, consulting, threat monitoring and reporting, crisis response, logistical support, mobile security, close protection, training and risk management.
Our corporate vision is to be the recognized global leader in providing comprehensive security, crisis response and risk management services in high-risk and complex environments delivered at a world-class level by the best quality personnel in the industry. Our mission is to protect and support our clients, securing their place in a complex world by consistently delivering quality services and value, while growing our business.
GardaWorld now seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced contractors for potential hire for this contract in Nigeria (Subject to contract award)
Closing date for applications: Thursday 19 May 2016 (close of business)
Shortlisted candiates will have have some previous operational experience in Africa
Regional Security Manager
Contractor, GW Consulting Middle East Limited
01 June 2016 (Subject to confirmation)
GardaWorld will offer competitive day rate (Contractor only paid whilst on-duty) *Some tax may be payable locally to those hired in Nigeria.
15 days on/15 days off unpaid leave - subject to operational requirements
Duration of Task
12 months initially – 3 month probation period
Travel pay is one half of the On-Duty rate for day(s) spent travelling from the contractor’s country of residence to the place of work (max of 2 days) and on return to the country of residence (max of 2 days).There is no £75 travel allowance applicable on this project placement.
GardaWorld will provide the Independent Contractor with appropriate accommodation, insurance (DBA), flights and life support
Further information can be found in the GardaWorld Contractor Travel SOI, copy will provided upon acceptance
The Hub Airport designated by the Company for the Consultant will be located in the United Kingdom and will be the most cost effective option available to the Company at the time of booking a flight.
Operational effectiveness will also be considered when booking the flight. Such Hub Airport may not be the one geographically closest to Consultant’s residence and, as such, may require Consultant paying for the cost to and from such airport or making up the difference if Consultant resides outside the United Kingdom.
For example: If the cost to deploy GW Contractor from his local airport hub to Nigeria is more than GBP1000.00 then any additional costs will be borne by the contractor
* Must have previous experience working on USAID projects
* Must have Nigerian or at least African experience
* Ideally have former experience of operating in either Iraq or Afghanistan
* Military experience of not less than 10 years
* Former experience for a commercial private security company in a training role and/or Security Manager role of not less than 1 year
* African languages and/or Arabic language skills are highly desirable
* Must have excellent written and verbal briefing skills
* Must have previous experience of providing Threat and Vulnerability Assessments
* Ideally with previous experience of delivering HEAT Training
* Deliver training for guards, drivers, LN security managers
* Investigative skills and report writing as required
* Fluent English speaking both written and verbal
* Experienced in managing risks in remote areas.
* Experienced in producing comprehensive risk assessments
* Hold an International driver license.
* Hold clear criminal records check
* Good team & interpersonal skills.
* Good understanding of Human Rights and International Law
* Strong communications and IT skills, including use of all Microsoft programs; Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook
* Must have experience of writing, complex security plans; coupled with developing standard operating procedures for the project locations.
* Must have strong understanding of financial accounts for payroll, as well as operational expenses for the projects.
* Must have a good understanding of Health and Safety at work
* Must be able to communicate with clients and prepare daily reports as well prepare security briefs as required.
* Must have experience of dealing with Government officials; understand the complexity of local stakeholders in Nigeria
* Regional Security Manager
* Based in Abuja (hub) providing operational and administrative support to over eight (8) project locations
* Daily communications with USAID and US Embassy Security Chiefs, Client Chiefs of Party (COP) and Operations Managers, GardaWorld leadership and sister projects
* Expect frequent travel across the northern states of Nigeria and prepared to work in isolation and at reach
* Unarmed role
* Deliver training for guards, drivers, LN security managers
* Update and rehearse emergency planning, SOPs and contingency plans in line with PSC1 compliance
* Work in conjunction with the Regional Director Nigeria and management team
* Deliver HEAT training
Please note: any Information provided shall be used by GardaWorld to evaluate your qualifications for engaging as a contractor.
Any deployment to Africa carries a degree of risk, for more information please go to http://xplored.garda-world.com/site/register where you can obtain the latest analysis, information and threat assessment
Please note: presentation of false credentials may result in future termination of contract.
To apply, visit Garda World Career Page