The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, creates opportunity for people to escape poverty and improve their lives. IFC fosters sustainable economic growth in developing countries by supporting private sector development, mobilizing private capital, and providing advisory and risk mitigation services to businesses and governments.
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global investor and advisor committed to promoting projects in its developing member countries that are economically beneficial, financially and commercially sound, and environmentally and socially sustainable. IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to governments and businesses in the developing world.
IFC offers a full range of financial products across the entire capital value chain, with a long-term investment horizon and deep knowledge of Emerging Markets. With one of the largest footprints in Emerging Markets, we offer local knowledge, linkages to other clients and portfolios, as well as an understanding of regulations and local domains.
IFC’s Venture Capital (CTTVI) is IFC’s venture arm that invests in venture/early growth companies that offer innovative technologies or business models with high impact potential in Emerging Markets. By executing transactions at earlier stages than IFC’s more traditional business lines, CTTVI enhances the organization's strong commitment to innovation, support to local businesses, and helps accelerate cross border technology transfers. CTTVI works closely with other industry investment groups within IFC, including Infrastructure, Manufacturing and Financial Markets, as well as with appropriate counterparts within the World Bank Group.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Participate in investment negotiations and due diligence for prospective investments;
• Analyze financial statements and prepare financial models;
• Conduct industry, market and company research;
• Prepare project-related documents for internal and external audiences;
• Participate in all aspects of IFC’s project processing cycle from project development to disbursement;
• Help supervise investments in portfolio companies and manage internal IFC procedures including preparation of portfolio reports and related information;
• Support CTTVI's Investment Officers on a global basis;
• Coordinate closely with IFC’s business risk functions to ensure maintenance of the highest environmental and social, and integrity standards;
• Work in close coordination with industry and regional IFC colleagues.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree from a reputable academic institution; candidates with strong technical or engineering background, coupled with financial knowledge, preferred;
• 2-5 year experience in an investment banking, consulting or PE/VC, or Business Development with a technology company, preferred;
• Prior experience at an investment management or venture capital firm will be considered favorably;
• Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills;
• Strong interest in venture investing and emerging technology areas;
• Strong familiarity with financial software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office suite, research and financial databases, etc.);
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work successfully with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; and
• Fluency in spoken and written English; a multi-lingual background will be viewed upon favorably.
To apply, visit IFC Career Page