Sales Job Vacancy at APM Terminals
Posted on: 18 May, 2016
Deadline: 31 May, 2016
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at APM Terminals
APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
- Manage assigned customers and budget base; pursue and secure business in line with the corporate and regional objectives within the commercial scope
- Develop customer value propositions for all appropriate business opportunities. Strive for consultative sales to distinguish market presence by effectively probing and identifying needs and suggesting solutions to help customers.
- Build a good understanding of target customers and the assigned account base (contact, commodities, trade lanes, type of business, contract information including exceptions and service requirements).
- Establish internal network in East Nigeria and globally to facilitate resolution of customer issues.
- Build understanding of all service offerings to be able to offer integrated solutions.
- Communicate significant trends, rate changes and policies to assigned accounts.
- Research and understand the territory to identify and establish business contacts with potential customers.
- Research and analyse competitive and industry trends (e.g. analyse sales statistics, prepare reports, study literature regarding new and existing services and monitor sales, prices and services of competitors); recommend appropriate measures.
- Ensure Customer Relationship Management tools are updated on time and with high-quality data.
- Drives two-way communication and clearly articulates the value proposition, engages the customer in jointly addressing business priorities and is good at picking up verbal and non-verbal cues.
- Understands customers value drivers and has the ability to discuss them from multiple angles and has a dedication to meeting the requisite expectations and requirements.
- Drives for results and can be relied upon to meet and exceed expectations and key performance indicators.
- Is an effective networker that is good at attaining first-hand knowledge of the customer and building trusting and lasting relationships with the customers.
- Can pressure the customer and understands the decision making process and how to influence key decision-makers and pre-empts stakeholder objections to reach a favourable outcome.
- Is comfortable discussing money and has a good understanding of competitors pricing and offers and how differences are justified by other product characteristics.
Who we are looking for
- Ideal candidate should be enthusiastic with a strong work ethic and be willing to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition and integrity.
- The Ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (both written and oral). In addition, should have organisational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritising, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines.
- A Bachelor's degree is required with a minimum of 5 years experience in similar position in South-South or South-East Nigeria. Also, highly proficient in Microsoft Office and have a good working knowledge of web-based software and Customer Relationship Management tools such as Salesforce.com or similar CRM systems.
This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team.
Method of Application
To apply, visit APM Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about APM TerminalsSimilar Jobs
- Marketing Executives at Daudeen Freight Forwarding Limited
- Van Sales Representatives at Flux Logistics Limited
- Freight & Forwarding Sales/Operations Officer at Prime Next Logistics Limited
- HR Business Partner at Maersk Line
- Marketing Executives at Daudeen Freight Limited
- Executive Assistant at Zippy Logistics
- Latest Vacancies at iSabiDelivery
- Internal Auditors at the GIG Group