New Job Opportunity at Jumia
Posted on: 18 May, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Online Sales / Marketing
View All Jobs at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is the largest e-commerce mall in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything from Fashion to Phones. Founded in 2012 in Nigeria, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
- The Category Manager Associate is the CEO of his category and is playing a key role within the company, interacting with roughly all the departments and the top management.
- Taking the lead on the category strategic orientation and the full responsibility of general merchandising profit & loss (70% of Jumia’s revenue), the Category Manager Associate will have to bring an exceptional growth for the sales volume, the margin and the conversion rate.
- He will be responsible for the decisions he makes and will have to monitor his performance.
- The Category Manager Associate will be responsible for delivering a world-class customer experience thanks to the right assortment, a perfect online ergonomics, the best prices and the most innovative marketing campaigns
Your position as Category Manager Associate Associate entails:
- Delivering a strategy for future growth by building the most pertinent assortment of products, asking the buyer teams to follow up on your instructions
- Increasing the gross margin by being responsible for Jumia’s price position and asking the buyer teams to renegotiate the costs on strategic brands, categories and products
- Meeting the main suppliers
- Negotiate with brands
- Building a very friendly user interface, working closely with the shop management and marketing teams – It includes the creation of banners, new filters, enhancing the category tree, selecting the products you want to see at the top of the page, etc.
- Establishing plans that will be presented to the top management on the strategic decision you make (which price point do we target for this category, which marketing strategy I want to implement, which products do I want to source, what will be the upcoming best sellers).
- Managing all the replenishment and inventory tools for stock monitoring
- Creating weekly campaigns and coordinating with marketing to insure flawless execution.
- As a whole, you have to identify and to promote the best sellers that will lead the market and strengthen Jumia’s position as the leader of online retail
- You will report to the Head of Category Management
A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Action oriented and results oriented
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong inter-personal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Fast learner
- Well organized
- Resistant to stress
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
Expected background and technical skills:
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- A previous experience in management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be plus)
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions
- As a whole, we expect someone passionate, creative and able to work efficiently. We expect a leader.
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
- The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds
Method of Application
To apply, visit Jumia Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jumia NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Operations Assistant at Jay Osbie
- Software Developer (PHP) at Supermart.ng
- Shipping/Logistics Officer at Obeezi
- Program Lead, Product Quality at Jumia Nigeria
- Information Technology Roles at Keeba Nigeria
- Field Sales Representatives at ZeroFinance Nigeria
- Customer Care Agents at an Online Mall - HYT Nigeria
- E-commerce Business Manager at Afrimall.ng