New Job Opportunity at Jumia
Posted on: 18 May, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Online Sales / Marketing
View All Jobs at Jumia Nigeria
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Jumia is the largest e-commerce mall in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything from Fashion to Phones. Founded in 2012 in Nigeria, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
- The Category Manager Associate is the CEO of his category and is playing a key role within the company, interacting with roughly all the departments and the top management.
- Taking the lead on the category strategic orientation and the full responsibility of general merchandising profit & loss (70% of Jumia’s revenue), the Category Manager Associate will have to bring an exceptional growth for the sales volume, the margin and the conversion rate.
- He will be responsible for the decisions he makes and will have to monitor his performance.
- The Category Manager Associate will be responsible for delivering a world-class customer experience thanks to the right assortment, a perfect online ergonomics, the best prices and the most innovative marketing campaigns
Your position as Category Manager Associate Associate entails:
- Delivering a strategy for future growth by building the most pertinent assortment of products, asking the buyer teams to follow up on your instructions
- Increasing the gross margin by being responsible for Jumia’s price position and asking the buyer teams to renegotiate the costs on strategic brands, categories and products
- Meeting the main suppliers
- Negotiate with brands
- Building a very friendly user interface, working closely with the shop management and marketing teams – It includes the creation of banners, new filters, enhancing the category tree, selecting the products you want to see at the top of the page, etc.
- Establishing plans that will be presented to the top management on the strategic decision you make (which price point do we target for this category, which marketing strategy I want to implement, which products do I want to source, what will be the upcoming best sellers).
- Managing all the replenishment and inventory tools for stock monitoring
- Creating weekly campaigns and coordinating with marketing to insure flawless execution.
- As a whole, you have to identify and to promote the best sellers that will lead the market and strengthen Jumia’s position as the leader of online retail
- You will report to the Head of Category Management
A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Action oriented and results oriented
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong inter-personal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Fast learner
- Well organized
- Resistant to stress
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
Expected background and technical skills:
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- A previous experience in management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be plus)
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions
- As a whole, we expect someone passionate, creative and able to work efficiently. We expect a leader.
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
- The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds
Method of Application
To apply, visit Jumia Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jumia NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Key Account Manager (PromoHub) at DealDey
- CRM Marketing Lead at Jumia Nigeria
- Project Manager, Customer Experience at Jumia Nigeria
- Customer Service Rep & Fulfillment Executives at PowerHQ
- Data Insight Analyst (SQL & Excel) at Jumia Nigeria
- Data Insight Analyst at Jumia Nigeria
- Vendor Operations Associate at Jumia Nigeria
- Customer Care Service Representatives at Hubmart Stores Limited