Universal Careers is a Human Resource agency founded to help exceptional candidates and international clients who are interested in living and working in the biggest economy in Africa - Nigeria. Good clients and excellent candidates go hand in hand and the mix of the two is absolutely essential for success, it is all about people.
At Universal Careers we are a small team of industry specialists, who are servicing our clients with bespoke HR solutions. No two clients are the same, so our approach to each Client is unique. We have a large network of consultants all-over the world with whom we build teams depending on the client and the specific task at hand.
- Department/Unit/Section: Sales
- Reports To:National Sales Manager
1. Area Sales Managers
2. Sales Executives
3. Sales Representatives
The Regional Sales Manager’s primary responsibility is to plan and achieve agreed annual sales for the region through effective execution of brand and trade strategies and proper control of allocated trade spend budgets. This will involve coordinating all sales force activities to ensure that all trade channels are fully supported.
In addition to their overall regional responsibilities, they will also form part of a sales management team responsible for generating new ideas and improvements in sales strategies. They will also be responsible for identifying and developing people within their region.
Job Holders supervises and coordinate other sales personnel within the region; builds and maintain a sound working relationship with key distributors/customers, overlooks the Area Sales Managers and takes part in regular business reviews, ensuring that trade activities are executed effectively at the regional level to support and achieve the overall business objectives.
- Develop and implement regional business plans in accordance with trade strategies and marketing objectives.
- Implement sales strategies, pricing, and credit policies and programs to enhance market presence and competitive performance of company products within a region.
- Achieves sales plans, achieves sales targets and performance standards aimed at improving market performance within a Region.
- Coordinates regional sales activities to maximize account sales
- Responsible for the operational efficiency of respective sales territories in the region, including control and monitoring of overheads and expenditure on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for overall collection targets and adherence to the credit management policies of the company in the region
- Accountable for achievement of distribution targets for respective brands, and effective stock distribution and stock rotation in the region
- Plan, supervise and monitor Area Sales Managers so that their targets are achieved.
- Establishes and maintains excellent relationship with regional Distribution networks
- Build and manage business relationships with the appointed Distributors
- Provide leadership and coaching to sales teams in the various territories of the region.
- Monitor market performance on a regular basis and provide constant and speedy feedback on competitor's activities
- Monitor product distribution in support of total logistics
- Liaises with warehouse to ensure that sales orders are serviced promptly
- Gather data on sales performance and market trends on the Company’s products, for input in company sales forecasting
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Educated to minimum bachelors degree (preferably with an MBA) level ideally in a business related subject - from a recognised University.
Skills & Competencies
- Experience and success in recruiting and retaining a high performance sales team and a demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse sales team.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans.
- Proven business analysis and judgment with the ability to proactively manage business and P&L to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
- Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management including GMD, GM, FC.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum 5 years experience in sales preferably within an FMCG environment
- Additional functional experience, preferably in marketing, trade marketing and/or finance is an advantage
- Experience of managing and leading sales teams
Personal Qualities And Behavioral Traits:
- Decision making
- Relationship management
- Team player
- Supervision & coaching
- Hard working
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should please visit www.universal-careers.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale